• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

nose plug

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jkivi

Jan 8, 2003
I am sure this is a basic question. I am just looking for a better nose plug then my current rubber one. It has the tendancy to fall off at any badly timed moment. I see people doing static, dynamic and no-limits dives with these amazing nose plugs that look like they could stay on foreer but don't know what kind they are or where to find them. :head

My search attempts on google with noseplug hasn't turned up anything. Any help would be well appreciated.

Yeah I took a look at the paradisia. That is exactly what I want. Like you said hydro now I just have to find a place that has them in stock and will sell me one!

I suppose I could always buy the repair kit for the nose plug. It is available. Not that it would do me any good. Does anyone know of any other models besides the paradisia that are available?? I have seen a variety of different ones on different freedivers. So I am guessing the Paradisia hasn't entirely cornered the market... or has it?

The elusive noseclip

Well, Paradisia is admittedly the best clip in the market but difficult to get because of "peculiarities" in the way they are marketed. I doubt anyone has them in stock. Your best bet is to try writing to Bernard directly and work things out with him. That is if your french is any decent at all. Otherwise, find someone that went through the drill before and try to buy one off him/her.

Your fortune cookie for the day: patience is greatest virtue when looking for noseclip

Hydro

clips in...

incase anyone is actually interested... www.freediver.co.uk got in a new shipment of the paradisia noseplugs. I just ordered one today (Apr 1st).

Just an update on my search concluding in happiness.

Thanks!!!

I´ve purchased one... I´m looking every second the post box hehe :D

Nose Plug Availability

Checked on freediver uk and it is listing out of stock for the paradisia. When you guys got them at the beginning of april did the website show they were available?

Alternately does anyone know of any other decent (maybe cheaper!) nose clips suitable for freediving?

Thanks
Bryan

bryan,

yeah, they did list them as available at the start of april. I waited quite a while before they actually had them in stock. You should just email I think his name is howard and he will tell you when they are getting more in stock.

as far as other nose clips. I am not to sure. If I see any I will post them.

Frog help ?

;)
Ok I am a frog and sent an email to Bernard today I will let you know as soon as I get an answer , if I can make an order we could maybe consolidate together. If the guy doesn't accept U.S credit cards or other mean of payment, I have familly in France that could send him a check...

I'll post something on this forum as soon as I get an answer, you can also send me an email to check on status..

Cheers ,

niko

Anyone know where to get Paradisia clips at the moment?

Cheers

Slightly different question than the thread, but my paradisia nose plug works great for statics, but when I am moving like dynamics or just diving to the bottom of the pool, I can’t keep it on. I have tried tightening it very tight, and several positions, but nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions?

I still like it because I have already equalized hand free by the time I reach my depth and the strap around the neck keeps me from losing it.

don

PS On finding them, I think all you have to do is keep checking at http://www.freediver.co.uk/. They get a shipment and sell out, before the next shipment comes.

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone ever uses anything other than paradisia noseclips? There seem to be a a fair few others out there, like these ones for kayaking : http://www.noc.com/ss/wknosecp.htm

Seem pretty cheap and readily available, anybody tried them, if so what did you think?

Cheers
Hadley

I obught one of these thinking it would work, butit just pops right off when I try and clear my ears- through vasalva or Frenzal.

I even got a second one so I oculd double up the springs but still didn't have any luck with it.

Jon

Last edited:
I have found a spring that has plenty of pressure..and plugs my nose well but is uncomfortable if used for much more than a minute as is.. it could be modified easily to be adjustable.. just can't find material yet to cover it with that won't slide off the skin while at the same time improving the comfort. the spring is what you would find at a hardware store for holding things like broom handles, etc. to a wall.. sorta "C" shaped.. out of spring steel.
Fred

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT