• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Noseclip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Murat ; no I am not thinking of competing or even serious training ; just doing some statics

just got mine

I just got mine in the mail from the UK. Amazing little invention, can't wait to use it tomorrow with my recently completed pipe mask.

takes about a month

Unlike DiveInn, it took about a month for my nose clip to come from the UK. Good luck.
Jim

Slipping nose clip

I had opportunity to try a nose clip in a 5m pool this weekend. It was of the 'Paradisia' ratchet variety.

Even though i clipped it tightly i still felt that it was insecure and prone to slipping off ( blowing off ) under hardish equalisations. I found myself holding the nose clip incase it did slip off with a decent blow. This defeated much of the purpose.

Im told i have a normal shaped nose :)

Why and who else and what to do about it ?

Skindiver.

I had just ordered one of these things and am a bit dismayed that it seems to be not working for me before i have even got it.

noseclip falling off

Skindiver:

I don't own a noseclip, but I do know how slippery the body oils can be when wet. I would recommend using a towel with rubbing alcohol and clean the skin of the nose thoroughly before going in. You may now have to clean the noseclip with alcohol too. Let me know if that makes all the difference.

Jim

nose clip

I found out sunday that the clip is either too tight or too loose. I am going to experiment with different pads to get it just right. Those of you who use the clips all the time, how tight do you ratchet them and do you use them for rec also or only for deep dives?
Jim

Got it.

My Paradisia nose clip arrived today. It seems to have 'chamois' pads and the ratchet teeth are very fine. So this seems to grip quite well ( in the dry ) and the fine teeth give many fine settings so 'just too loose' or 'just too tight' should not be a problem. Will try it Sunday and hope it does not slip off.

Who wants to sell me some reasonably priced fluid goggles now ?

skin.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT