• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Not getting contractions - just pressure in face and forehead

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JamesSf

Oct 9, 2019
Hello,
When testing for max breath hold time, I really just feel pressure build up around my forehead and front of my face, not the “contractions” in the stomach or chest most people talk about. Is this normal and do I need to just try to “push” through it? It almost feels like my forehead will explode lol.
I’m very new and have my best static dry breath holds are around 1:30. I’ve been using Freedive Apnea training app on iOS to try to improve for the last month or so and haven’t seen much improvement yet, wondering if there’s a “breakthrough” I’m missing. I’ve been doing the CO2 training portion of the app which has a constant breath hold followed by shorter breathing periods (based on what my max hold is).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

I don't get contractions until after 3-4 minutes on a static hold. It differs from person to person, some hardly get any while others get strong contractions pretty quickly.

I've been diving since the early 1950s and have never felt a contraction. It would scare the hell out of me if I did.

I get mild contractions at the end of long static but it's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the strong "URGE TO BREATH, NOW"!
Regarding the pressure in the head and face - never heard of this but I would find out what it is. If you feel like your head is about to "explode" that would worry me - you don't wan to burst a blood vessel or cause a stroke!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT