• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Not so new but new

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Red Tide1

Mar 19, 2017
Hello,
Thanks for having me. I will post stories of spearfishing trips and be happy to share my spearfishing opinions with the forum.
Cheers,

G.R.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Hello,
Thanks for having me. I will post stories of spearfishing trips and be happy to share my spearfishing opinions with the forum.
Cheers,

G.R.

Welcome aboard G.R.

Folks, stand by for some great stories and photos of big fish.

Welcome to Deeperblue! Whereabouts do you usually dive/spearfish?

Cool. I'm out in California. Different conditions, I bet. How's the lionfish situation going?

They are slowly creeping their way up the Gulf Coast. I have not noticed any signs of damage being caused by them. They are easy prey for other fish to eat and the commercial guys are getting a pretty penny for them at the market. Kinda a non issue from where I sit.

Hi RedTide1 I am new to the freediving and spearfishing world and just wanted to discuss with you about the world of spearfishing?

Do the commercial guys harvest them for aquariums, or are they an eating fish by now?

I have been spearfishing for over 50 years now. Great sport and a sport you can do at any age. As far as the lion fish on the Gulf Coast of Florida, the commercial guys are catching them to sell to fish markets and restaurants. It is a nice white meat and has a good yield for a small fish.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT