• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Not Too Big

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
WHAT THE HELLL >>>> :ko
Thats one BIG UGLY FISH, the largest catfish i ever saw was about 5KG ...
I thought they only grew to that size in Cartoons ....

how and where did you shoot it, the more important question is how did you see it in that murky water...

Old Man Dave said:
And I thought my wife was ugly!!!
Dave
Wash your mouth out!!
Think she must be related to mine :waterwork

Attachments

• Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 194
Giant European catfish: Silure

That's not the regular breed of catfish, it's a breed that invaded other rivers and originated in the Danube river. Its skin is more clear/brownish than the common catfish.
My father caught one that was 21kg, 1.48m angling. Those beasts started appearing in the 80s and like to hang out by warm water outlets of power-plants. The warmer than usual water there explains their spread and growth for the last 20 years. They are called "Silure" and have very tiny teeth in the front, so they're pretty harmless but reportedly can eat ducks. Their meat is very fat, like that of regular catfish.

Just saw this one from Thailand, possibly the biggest freshwater fish ever caught?

Attachments

• 1742352746.jpg
    1742352746.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 158
And to think B.A.S.S. gets excited over a mere 26 pounder . . .

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT