• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NoTanx Dive Off 2011 (17th/18th of September)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pthread

Jul 26, 2009
Every Year since 2005, NoTanx have run a Freediving Comp in Vobster Quay. It has grown, now taking place over 2 days.

This is a fun comp and not planned as an AIDA ranking event, but AIDA rules do apply.
*Everybody* can join in with us, not just club members!

There are 3 different "disciplines":

- The depth comp (CWT, FIM, CNF, Freestyle, Max. 28 m, unless you want to take a mud bath, though I hear it's good for your skin)
- Team static
- Guess your depth

The NoTanx philosophy is based on personal enjoyment and experience rather than performance... (enjoyment rather than depth) so it is only right that the winner is voted on by the other competitors.

So it is "The Best Dive" rather than the deepest that will win.

This year 1st Prize = an all expenses paid Summer Vacation to Marsa Alam!!!! (Courtesy of Oonas Divers)

With 50 spaces for freedivers and various other activities, this year is even more of a spectator event. Reserve your space via our website. :eek:)

More info/registration: notanx

Last edited:
Coming back from Greece late on the 16th so will be tough to make it to Vobster for the next morning but will try my best!

Besides, might be good if I'm not there, let someone else win at 'guess your depth' :p

Coming back from Greece late on the 16th so will be tough to make it to Vobster for the next morning but will try my best!

Besides, might be good if I'm not there, let someone else win at 'guess your depth' :p

I guessed my depth quite well, I knew I was too deep when my hand hit the thermocline. Perhaps I should find out how to swim backwards, that might have saved it!!

Lol - just stop swimming a couple of metres before the target depth and then hang on to the rope and descend slowly. That's what I did - it helps because as you say, if you overshoot the depth then there's no way of undoing it...

Really hope I'll be able to make it...

im in for free holliday i will be comming from the greece comp on thu so friday i will make my way to you.

see you soon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT