• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nova Scotia buddies wanted!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Apiek

Apr 28, 2012
Hello,

I am very new to the sport and looking for anyone who is freediving in the Halifax area. Please send me a message.

Hi,

I am also looking for buddies in NS, I am in Chester. Have a boat, and I am in toch with two other enthousiasts, we had two outings this year.

I just set up a facebook group called "Nova Scotia Freediving".
feel free to join and get updates or propose outings.

We currently train at the centennial pool in halifax once weekly on wednesday lunch time.

Cheers,

Marc-Andre

Hello Marc- Andre,

Great to hear from you. I looked for you, and the group on Facebook but couldn't find it. Please add me to it.

What time do you meet at the pool on Wednesdays?

My email address is jasonpkarle@gmail.com

Cheers,

Jay

Hello I know the post is old but I just sing in I'll be back home in November 2014 but still I will looking for freediver bodies, I'm practising the sport down in Florida will working here. Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail ; j_fred@me.com
Looking to expend freediving business in Halifax. This is a sport growing down in US and I believe it will in Canada it starts to be is very popular in BC. Cheers and one diver down one diver up! Cheers!

Hey there. New to the forum and to freediving. Obviously there arent many of us in NS but it would be nice to get a local group started. Just kind of practicing it casually with my girlfriend currently with mainly static dry training. (still lacking equipment). I saw someone else posting from NS as well. I'll direct them here. Cheers.

Hi there names mike I'm living in Halifax but travel the south shore near Peggy's cove and even around Halifax to dive. I'm usually ready for a dive nearly everyday so I'm totally into having some mates to dive with.

If you use facebook theres a group called "Nova Scotia Freediving". Im also in halifax and would be down for some dives. New to freediving though.

Extremely tempting. (i work nights so i wake up a little late sometimes). Where do you usually dive? Im lacking in a wetsuit and my fins are just basic snorkeling ones at the moment. Im doing my course this feb down south, looking forward to getting some decent gear soon. Im free tomorrow for the greater part of the day if you're interested? I can check back here frequently or I can give you my number or whatever works.

I should have an extra suit for you as long as you got a mask and fins. I even got that of need be. We don't have to go to a deep area. Pattys head near Peggy's cove? I was there today and had a blast. I'm off tomorrow so I can take us whenever. And have you back when ever you need to be.

Reactions: Apneaddict
That sounds sick man. Im definitely in. A little bit after lunch mabye? Id ideally want to be home no later than 6 and not wake up too early. Anytime between 1-6 im good for, earlier if need be. Im off work for the next 5 days but it takes me a day or two to shake off that sleep schedule. Let me know!

Is NS becoming the fastest growing freediving spot in Canada???

Good people. Would love to dive there someday.

Stay safe, have fun, dive often!!

I'm looking to get back into Freediving here in Halifax and looking for some dive buddies.

Let me know if anyone is still going out.

Thanks
Jay

Certainly not in this weather but once its warm again me and others certainly will be. Community seems to be gaining more interest in the last year. Im going to take a course down south in april. Theres a facebook group called "nova scotia freediving" although its been dead over the winter. That will change in a few months though! Looking forward to the spring.

I figured there wouldnt be any going on currently, but was wondering if people where stilla ctive. I requested access to the FB group last night.
Cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT