• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

o.me.r bat fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Lee,
I am sure the bat fins are using the same foot pockets as the other Omers. Omer just came out with that foot pocket a few years ago and they are kind-of a standard now.

I should find out about changing the blades real soon. Its possible my fins will be at home when I get there tonight, and I am going offshore in the morning. I am wondering if its something I want to tackle tonight or not. I wonder if they hold good without glue?
don

Originally posted by donmoore
Scott T just left for the nationals with his. He said they felt a little soft, which scares me because I am 25lbs heaver than him.

:hmm

I ordered the "hard" fins. Jyri recommended that spearos use the "hard" or "exhard" fins.

I hope they aren't floppy like Spora Pures.....more like C4 40's would be better.

Ted

Don,

Did you get the Medium or Hard fins?

The Medium fins are on the soft side. I told Jyri that I would not use them for depths deeper than 40 feet. However I could swim around in them all day without being fatigued The Hard fins I got work really well for the depths I dive. Which currently is less than 70 ft. They were really easy for me to adjust too.

Ted,

I think you will be very happy with the hard fins.

I my legs get stronger I might try the Extra hard, but at this time my legs would not be able to kick for very long.

Aloha,
Austin

Austin,

I'm used to using Gara HF's and Sporasub H. Dessaults. Both of these are pretty stiff. I've taken the Dessaults below 100 feet, and they had good thrust, but burned my legs out. I was hoping that these new fins would give me (at least) equal thrust without the fatigue. I'm looking for the 'snap' that Jon has in his C4's (without the worry of the breakage issues). Truth is that I want these fins specifically for going deep. I am 5'8", 150 pounds and would consider myself to have pretty strong legs (I bike 70 miles a week). Do you think I should have gone with the extra stiff blades?

Ted

Hey Austin,

Been waiting for your review. So the hard fin works well huh? One question, how tall and heavy are you? I might have to try the Sebak hard fin or go with the #3 Waterway. I'm 5'4", 160 lbs but don't lack in the leg strength department. I'm a lazy diver not diving any deeper than I have to but will work in 80+ feet comfortably. What do you think, hard or ex hard? Any suggestions anyone? Thanks

Brad

I WONDER....

It sounds like some of the waterway fins have people going with a softer fin than normal- stight blades. With the Sebak fins people seem to like a stiffer fin- angled blades.

I am wondering if the blade angle might make more of a difference when selecting a blade stiffness?:confused:

I wonder if it would hold true for Sebak's monfins as well- angled blade = stiffer fin that can be used.

Ted, I think that Jyri is sending you an extra stiff pair of fins to try as well. You might get to do a side-by-side comparison.

Jon

Ted,

I also used the Cressi HFs before I got the Sebak Hybrid fins and Pro fins. They have much for snap than the HFs did. I'm 6' 180 pounds and the fins did not really fatigue my legs coming up from 60 feet. They powered me to the surface no problems. I'm not really sure how stiff the Extra Hard fins are. What did Jyri tell you when you asked about the extra hard blades?

Brad,

I finally got to try all my fins. I hope to get the reviews up soon. I think the Hard blades will be good down to about 100 feet. I'm not really sure because you guys dive way deeper than I currently do. I hope to change that soon.

I think maybe we should continue talking about the Sebak fins in another thread.. :)

Aloha,
Austin

Omer is sending me B.A.T. replacement blades for my omer milennium fins. I am 188cm tall weigh 94 kg and am fairly strong. I do however like relaxed long kicks. What stiffness should I ask for?

Mark Laboccetta from OMER USA is sending me a pair (Bat 30's I think) - Can't wait to get into the water with them...

Last I heard from Mark he only had Bat 30's. Mine will be here early sept. :inlove

Willer

Just mounted the bad 30 blades i just recieved from omer. They are damn ugly (with camuflage and all), but seem very sturdy, even if they seem a bit more sluggish than carbon blades. Gotta mention Omer replaced them for free and paid fast shipment to my door. Never seen customer service like this :)

I just received my Bat 20's on my doorstep yesterday afternoon - not sure if a blade this soft will work for my size - Mark said if I have any problems with them, send them back and he'll send me stiffer blades... :confused:

BATs vs. Waterways

Hi,

Does anyone know how the Omer BAT fiber fin compares with the Waterway fiber fin?

Thanks,

Clinton

Any conclusions?

Well folks, any conclusions on the Omer Bat fiber fins? I saw them at a local dive shop and they are 149 euros, these are Bat 30's.

I'd like to hear form anyone who has been able to try them since the beginning of this thread.

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT