• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oahu Diving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

griffijw

Dec 21, 2002
Captain Gayle has come over from Scuba Shack Maui to start the Oahu Dive Center in Kailua - I went out the other night to a night dive at Hunama Bay - they've got some awesome trips planned around Oahu!

the guys at oahu dive center are awesome. my instructor has his tanks filled there all the time, so I am always over there. i may have to take a trip with them.

Can you provide a link to their web site (if any) or contact info?

I tried Scuba Shack in Maui, I liked their service. They are one of my favorite operators.

Eddy.

Here is my impression of Oahu Dive Center: Rude and distrusting, read on:

First I contacted them from home by email. Asked the usual questions, including price. They gave me a good price, with discounts for having my own equipment and being an instructor, like so many other dive centers.

The disappointment started when I had arrived at Oahu. First they didn't believe me when I said price they had quoted me earlier and they wanted me to prove that they had indeed given me that quote by presenting a printout of the email.

Then, the first day I was supposed to go diving with them, I went down to the reception of my hotel, where they should pick me up. They had told me to be there between 7.15 and 7.30. I was there from 7.00 to 7.40. I did not see anyone there who looked like they were from a dive shop. Nobody called my name. At this point I started to suspect something was wrong, so I went to the reception and asked if anyone had asked for me. It turned out a guy had been there just a few minutes ago and then left. I quickly called the dive shop in hoped they could turn back and get me. The guy who answered gave me two telephone numbers to the guy who was driving the pick up car. The first number the hotel receptionist wouldn't let me call, as it was a cell phone number... The next number turned out to be to the drivers home, where his wife answered. She then got on the cell phone to her husband. He said he would not turn back and that he wasn't emplyed by Oahu Dive Center. Rather surprised by such a reply I asked him if he didn't still have a job to do for Oahu Dive Center. Then he replied "I don't give a damn". I understood I wouldn't get anywhere with this guy, so I got back on the phone with the dive center. They were of course very sorry this happened and asked me if maybe I would like to come and dive with them tomorrow?

Of course I didn't. Instead I went with Island Divers who gave me a great time!

Interesting that the exact same post was made in every forum available and you've been slapped down in all of them. I happen to know the guy who was meeting you. We've shared a cup of Starbuck's and your sad, sad story.

You weren't there. You went to breakfast and assumed that the world would wait for you. Nobody else mattered but you. It seems pretty obvious that you were doing nothing but attempting to impress your companions.

You also hadn't paid in advance for your dive...the shop had been nice enough to give you the benefit of the doubt and bend their policies for you.

Someday you may come down from your self-erected pedestal...but I doubt it. Have fun learning to solo dive.

Of course, since you went on your little smear post campaign, I doubt you'll follow up and read this.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT