• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

ocean men?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mofo

Deeper Blue Dude
Sep 15, 2004
a few days ago i read the review posted on the front page of this forum, of the imax movie "ocean men". i thought it sounded like a real interesting movie and emidialy contacted my local imax theater, who told me it was an old movie and that they dont show it anymore.

so i went netsurfing, trying to find another imax where they would show it, but there is non.
then i tried to find it as dvd, but it does not sell either new or secondhand..

now what is the point of showing a review of a movie that does not show anywhere and isnt possible to get as video/dvd anymore

or does someone know where to get this pruduction..?:confused:

ive tried really hard to find it on DVD, and so far after one month of searching have come oup with nothing...

Hi,

OceanMen remains one of the most beautiful docu-films about FreeDiving. Due to problems with the company that produced the film (h2b5) the film has not been taken up by many IMAX cinemas and no DVD has been produced. I personally know the director, Bob Talbot, and it causes him much pain that this is the case but even he doesn't have a copy of the movie.

The reason it is on the homepage is that it is from "Deep in Archive" which highlights old articles in our collection.

fair enough, its just really annoying to know of something interesting and have no way of getting to it.. : )

Stephan,

Is it just a money issue? I am quite sad about it. I only saw it once at the imax and now wish I had seen it again then.

i know all the people which was involved in the project ... i know that they try to make a dvd, if i have more news i let you know ...

there is also a very long doco, its called ocean men - challenge in the deep. the plan was to produce this doco for countries, in which is no imax-theatre ... its 2 hours long!!!

greetings from vienna,
chris

and where could someone like me get a copy of the documentary???

I've got the documentairy on DVD. Last year it was broadcasted on TV on ProSieben. It's 80 min long and not 2 hours, but maybe Christian is talking about a new documentaire.

At the same time the IMAX movie was released (45 min), the documentairy also came out.

I also got a copy of the IMAX movie Campot style, but I think it's illegal, so now I don't know for sure if I have it. hehe.

I think that it is possible to get a VHS of the documentary from Umberto or Apnea Academy.

Hopefully we will see the Imax in Riccione next winter.

Ciao
Ghigo

If someone wants a DVD copy of the documentary or IMAX version, PM me...

Guys,

I have to point out that DeeperBlue.net cannot allow further public discussion around obtaining illegal copies of copyrighted material.

Originally posted by Stephan Whelan
Guys,

I have to point out that DeeperBlue.net cannot allow further public discussion around obtaining illegal copies of copyrighted material.

Roger Wilco!

I typically will buy movies I like, cause I believe that artists should be paid for their work, but they put out so much commercial/formula junk out now days. And this case is a perfect example of why file sharing exists, for material that is not otherwise obtainable.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT