• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

"Oceanmen" Imax movie

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dave S

Jun 11, 2003
Does anyone know anything about this film?

According to its website (which looks very out of date), it should have been shown in Australia in April 2002, but as far as I can tell it's never been shown here... Were the published dates pushed back hugely, or did it just skip Australia? :confused:

Thanks.

Oceanmen is a fantastic movie. However it is a large format IMAX movie so distribution isn't the same as traditional cinemas. It is up to each individual cinema to decide to show it. I would suggest going to www.imax.com and seeing if there is any more info on it there. If you can get to see it I would recommend that you go.

Cheers!

Yeah, I know. It was supposed to be shown at Imax in Melbourne in April 2002 and then in Sydney later.... But it never happened. :(

Maybe I'll give Imax a call and see if they're still going to get it...

oceanman imax movie

I expected more ..when I saw this movie last year in cca october 2002 in Wiena Imax movie I was quite disappointed. Nothing for freedivers, just nice pictures and scenes... its ok, but I want more, more diving, more blue on the screen.... I know there is more versions of the movie, the one I saw wasn't what I expected

oceanman again

I forgott to say ....it is not a 3d imax movie, just 2d ... no glasses needed.... only the BIG screen gives the special emotion

Maros,

I agree to an extent. For a FreeDiver the film may not be exactly what you expect - however bear in mind the film is not targetted to FreeDivers - it is a film about FreeDiving for the general public. In my opinion I think it does a great job at promoting the sport to it's target audience.

The film should be enjoyable for FreeDivers though!!

Great movie!

The movie is just right. I was one of that general public crowd before the film and came out as a freediver... No kidding, at the initial scene i thought BLIMEY, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS!

Too bad the movie wasn`t to be seen in sidney, that`s quite astonishing because i could watch it here in switzerland.....:duh

I tried to find out if it was available on dvd, but no success yet.

Greets, joe

Re: Great movie!

Originally posted by groats
I tried to find out if it was available on dvd, but no success yet.
It's not out on DVD that's why you can't find it!

Cheers

It's Not Only in Theatres

Its not 3d so I saw it on discovery channel a while ago so yes It can be done without imax. You can e-mail discovery channel here at exn.ca campaign to show it again plz

General Public

Groats,

I was the same as you. I saw the movie last year at it's debut in Houston, TX, and I was VERY inspired. I have not actually "become" a freediver, but I am now "practicing" and am visiting this forum frequently.

JFB

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT