• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

oK guys...here it is..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

StretchArmStron

Jan 19, 2004
The small inshore gun, finished. Have to put some line on it and take it for a swim.

Its hard to tell the finish work on it...but it came out really good.

mmm...padauk is pretty :inlove(that is padauk right?). Did you get your finish w/ epoxy? If so describe the process if it worked well. Did you decide how many bands your going to pull?

By the way MINE'S SMALLER..er..wait.... 23" of fiberglassed ballasted rollery goodness :p . Plus we all kow it's not the size that matters its how I outshoot you. :ko

Padauk it is bro! Secret finish job w/ a different substance...waiting to see how well it holds up before posting the method...
call me and I'll fill ya in.

Will pull 3 (5/8") bands, I need to take a pic of the shaft so you can oogle at my master machining skills.

Nice work!

Tell us more!

Is it neutral with the spear and a floater without?

Where does it balance in and out of water?

Tell us about the trigger.

Thanks

oneoldude

Hiya

Thats one sweet looking gun!!! That wood looks awesome!!

Please excuse the ignorance, but is Paduak just as good as burmese teak??

Regards
miles

Don't worry I already saw the three pins in the shaft instead of notches ;). Tack weld or epoxy? How'd you cut the trigger catch?

Defo, its more than just 3 pins buddy...its way cooler than that:)
Cut the trigger catch w/ an angle grinder, a dremel tool, and some sweeet Fuss Guns lovin.

OneoldDUDE!!!!!
I have yet to balast this one but its definatley a floater w/out the shaft, will let you know what it does when I fire the small beast soon...can't wait!! Dry it balances right where my handle is (at the remote trigger to be exact).
ps, the trigger is a homemade job that I got on ebay, I wish the guy was still selling them as they are considerably less in price than any of the major manufacturers.

Miles, I'm not quite sure about how it compares to burmese teak?...Do to being a poor college student w/ limited funds I havn't used teak to put a gun together yet. I figured that since AB biller uses padauk and Merlo doesn't say anything too bad about it it should suffice. Just be sure to have some ventilation because the orange dust it puts out isn't too good for ya:)

Looks like it might do some damage to some sheeps.I need to make me a gun like that to replace my panther.Probaly make it the same size but it would be a mid handle instead of a rear handle with loading extention.

Hi StrechArmStrong
I was just wandering how your trigger mechnisim works cause I'm having some trouble with mine. I would really appreciate it heeps.

Thanx dude.

what kind of trigger mech are you using? The trigger mech in that gun is an american style like the aimrite or the riffe.
Need some specifics to determine your problem. That way everyone else can chime in too and you'll have all the info needed.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT