• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Old russian speargun?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miker

Oct 4, 2004
2019-12-01 13.59.09.jpg

A friend just gave me this speargun. Anyone knows anything about it?
Thank you

Thank you! As i read about it's not something worth using it! I will keep it for my collection!

But i like the idea of using an external front trigger system to hold/release the spear!

But i like the idea of using an external front trigger system to hold/release the spear!
The annular notch weakens the spear. Some work arounds have ground a notch on one side only, but then you have to load the spear the right side up or the sear tooth has nothing to engage. A more recent approach has been to use a friction trigger based on a wedging roller where the spear is free of any notches and relies on a clamping or FZM arrangement. An example is the "Wasp" from Russia. This gun is a descendent of the earlier forward latching guns and made by the same plant.
Wasp friction trigger.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT