• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OMER Atoll Float

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
Well...

I had problems with my float at last dive. I pumped it with air to full. But it lost half of the air at the end of the dive. I thought it split. When backed to home i filled bath with water and pushed airbag inside of the water. There was no split. I nottice that air escape from lid. It pop the lid up. It can not resist the pressure inside the bag. I stick it with band but it still loose air. Does anybody have the same problem? What should i do?

well you pumped it up to much first thing and didn't take inconsideration that the air will expand while the float is sitting on the surface of the water in the sun. Next just fill it untill the float is still alittle soft when you grab it, this will allow enough room for the hot air to expand

Reactions: Shadowkiller
But only one of them loose air. Other bag is pretty tight and don't loose any air. So there must be problem. Although it happened in last dive. It was good before.

Hi Murat,

I have the same problem with mine, the bungs are just not tight enough! The air is leaking out from around them and one of my bungs is quite loose.

I am thinking of suspending the bung in boiling water then using a clamp to compress it (top to bottom) in the hope it will swell the plug enough to be a tighter fit.

Not good as it is from OMER and promises to be a very good robust float, it wasn't cheap either.

I am off to Menorca tomorrow and will be taking the float with me (modified) I will let you know upon my return on how successful it it was.

Hi Murat,

I just noticed you're in Cyprus. I was at the Sony Freediving competition there and bought my float from Ninos. Maybe we got a bad batch of floats?

Regards

Simon.

Had the same problem with an Atol float bought direct from Italy. One of the chambers is OK, but on the other one the bung keeps popping out.

The solution I used was to cut the bung part off from the chamber, this way you can really push the thing in. It also allows you to push the whole lot back down into the chamber. Having it joined meant I couldn't push it down enough.

Seems to be working well. Just make sure you don't loose the bung.:p

Good idea daviesd,

That is something I can try if the heat thing dosn't work. I'll get out my trusty dive knife and do a bit of surgery on the thing!

I'll keep you informed.

Regards

Simon

The other thing I had to do in our last competition ( before I figured the bung cutting thing ) was to removed both chambers and put in a Sporasub torpedo float. I make a small hole near where the flag goes so I could pull the value through and inflate the thing. It worked really well, but I needed to put a bit of weight on the bottom to keep it upright.

Just another idea if you can't get it to work.

I talked with local shop owner and he said that you have to cut something. It seems a bit complicated to me to understand on the phone. He will do it for me next week. :cool: He said they have the same problem too. This shows that OMER did a design mistake somewhere.

Where ya at Sven???? All this talk about loose bungs is killing me!rofl

Hi there,

I was on spearing shop today and the shop owner fix the problem. The only thing that you should do is make some scratch/cut to the bungs this way it will be preventing from poping up and loose any air. I pumped it to max after the operation and there is no lost air after10 hours :cool:

This picture shows the direction of cuts on the bang. If you do it wrong probably it will not work. Sorry for pic. i make it in untitled with mouse:eek: . Not a photo shop worm...
:eek:

Last edited:
Atoll Float

Hi guys,

Back from Menorca with a fix for the leaking Atoll Float. What I did was to shave the bung saver strap to within an inch of its life which give it a much reduced self undoing capability. It worked! my float stayed up all holiday. It is the silly bung saver, no need to cut it though, just some very careful cutting to decrease its strength and you don't lose the bungs that way either. Wonderful.

Regards

Simon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT