• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer BAT Blades in Canada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

marksd110

Jun 18, 2003
Does anybody have any suggestions for a retailer of BAT blades in either the USA or Canada?

I will be travelling from Australia to Canada in April and thought I might be able to get a better deal on blades in either Vancouver or Toronto. I am looking for just the blades and am assuming that either a Canadian retailer or a USA retailer could provide them and have them shipped to my address in either Toronto or Canada.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Mark,
I know there's an OMER dealer in Wisconsin, (contact Jon if you're interested in that store) but I'm fairly certian that there's no OMER dealer in Toronto. As far as Vancouver goes, there is a dive store that carries some freedive gear (can't remember the name) but I don't think they carry OMER gear either, although one of the Vancouver freedivers will know for sure.

Let me know how you like the bat blades! I have a pair of OMER millenium greens, and OMER carbon pro's, and I've wondered what the bat's are like.

Give me a shout if you feel like going for a dive while you're in Toronto! I've got lots of spare kit, even a spare coldwater wetsuit, and there are some really good places to dive within reach of the Toronto area.

Best of luck!
Aaron

Aaron,

I'll be in Toronto from the 23rd to the 26th. I would be keen on doing a dive but will have a pretty hectic schedule given that I am visiting family briefly. I am originally from TO, the beaches to be precise. I would do a dive just for a laugh though. My Dad's boat is going in the water on Saturday so maybe an afternoon test run off the boat and a jump in the water might be an idea. From memory I used to do stupid things such as jumping in the water in April for a swim but I usually wore a drysuit. I am now enjoying the winters in Australia that have minimum water temps of 17, they are currently at 23. Anyways, not so sure what you guys do for these temps given that I am now out of touch in my 3mil wetsuit...

As for the fins I think I've organised a source that will ship them to Vancouver for me from the US. The BATS have received strong accolades here in Australia.

You can contact me at marksd110@hotmail.com if you think there is a possibility for a quick dive.

Cheers

Mark

Dive in Toronto

Mark,
Sent you an email... If the wetsuits I have won't fit (see email) let me know and I'll email the club here and see what everybody else has.

Looking forward to the possibility of a dive!

Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT