• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer EagleRay vs Stingray Footpockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Auspicious

Sep 24, 2021
I have some Omer Eagle Ray fins in a size 42/43 - I found them very comfortable - I liked them just fine with the plastic fins but my brother gave me a set of carbon fins that I have paired with them and they seem to work great - a vast difference for sure. These are overseas at the moment. I have now moved to the UK and will be wearing socks and I am looking for a decent plastic fin that I can add the carbons to when I get them out here.

Should I be looking at the Stingray pockets - or are they the same as the Eagle Ray pockets? What is the difference if any? Also what foot pockets do the "Kelps" use?

Finally - if I am using a sock should I go up a size? Which Stingray size would work for a UK 8.5 with 3-5mm socks.

Many thanks

I have some Omer Eagle Ray fins in a size 42/43 - I found them very comfortable - I liked them just fine with the plastic fins but my brother gave me a set of carbon fins that I have paired with them and they seem to work great - a vast difference for sure. These are overseas at the moment. I have now moved to the UK and will be wearing socks and I am looking for a decent plastic fin that I can add the carbons to when I get them out here.

Should I be looking at the Stingray pockets - or are they the same as the Eagle Ray pockets? What is the difference if any? Also what foot pockets do the "Kelps" use?

Finally - if I am using a sock should I go up a size? Which Stingray size would work for a UK 8.5 with 3-5mm socks.

Many thanks
My carbon fins are Falcon C4 btw

I'm not sure on the differences, but if you're able to get the Eagle Ray, which is what you're used and comfortable with, I'd stick with that. I've used the Stingray before and they fit and feel just fine. It's tough to say one pocket will fit or work better than the other for someone.
The pockets look very similar, although I can see the differences. The only way to tell is to try them on at a shop, or preferably in the water kicking.

Thanks - I called a free diving store and the sales guy seemed to think that the eagle ray pockets were a different material - but he wasn’t sure. I suspect size and shape wise they are similar. He was convinced that I would get better performance out of my carbon fins with the stingray pockets ... but he was ... as I said ... a sales guy!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT