• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer excalibur 2000 carbon or alu?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello Memo and Murat,
His name is Levent Gözen,he is the first guy Who had made the wooden guns in Turkey:For two years he has been making the guns in different commercial name(Named Apnea) which has been in the Turkish and for a while in the Spanish market,but Levent was making all the wooden guns,then he has been in an conflict with that company and he had leaved from the company,and until then under the commercial name of esperasub he is making his own hand made wooden guns(espera means wait or aspetto in spanish,Shaneshac knows this).
He is one of my friend and I am using his 104 cm,mono 20mm.sling rubber black,6.5 mm shaft and excalibur and this summer I had shot 4 dentex (sinarit) with this gun, his tel. 02323641143,and he is also giving spearfishing courses.
Aydýn Mevsim
a

Hi Aydýn,

Does he has e-mail? Or i can direct my question to you:D

Originally posted by aydýn
He is one of my friend and I am using his 104 cm,mono 20mm.sling rubber black,6.5 mm shaft and excalibur

I saw that gun somewhere:hmm Did you post your pics. in spearfishing.com?

Originally posted by Murat
Well i am really wondering about something for long time.

Which gun tracks better. Wood barell or Carbon??? Of course i am consideringsame size euro guns...

Simple physics dude. If you consider your hand as the pivot point then the force required to move the gun in an arc depends on three things: Length, Weight and cross sectional diameter of the barrel. IF the barrels are of the same size and length, then the lighter gun will be easier to pivot. Since carbon is lot lighter than wood, the carbon barrel will be easier to pivot.

Of course a gun like the Wongs which have most of their weight concentrated in the wood stock near the handle will be easier to pivot than a gun of the same weight but with its weight distributed evenly along its length.

Murat I did not post my pictures in the spearfishing com,in my gun only the handle (kabza) is excalibur.Levent's e-mail address is espera@ttnet.net.tr,and Murat I'll take the pictures of my gun wii post to you...

Originally posted by Shadowkiller
Simple physics dude. If you consider your hand as the pivot point then the force required to move the gun in an arc depends on three things: Length, Weight and cross sectional diameter of the barrel. IF the barrels are of the same size and length, then the lighter gun will be easier to pivot. Since carbon is lot lighter than wood, the carbon barrel will be easier to pivot.

Of course a gun like the Wongs which have most of their weight concentrated in the wood stock near the handle will be easier to pivot than a gun of the same weight but with its weight distributed evenly along its length.

yes right but if wood has more float capacity it should be easy to track also... Hýmmm.. But after ballast it will be netural just like carbon. So floatation does not effect.. :hmm

Originally posted by aydýn
Murat I did not post my pictures in the spearfishing com,in my gun only the handle (kabza) is excalibur.Levent's e-mail address is espera@ttnet.net.tr,and Murat I'll take the pictures of my gun wii post to you...

Thanks for the adress i hope its works.

Friends,I have used carbon and the wooden guns,some carbons are lighter than the wood,but I think for example my wooden gun is not heavy nor light,it is so neutral and natural and it extends as the extension of your arm. If you can have experience with both of these,you will inevitable choose the wooden gun...
Dr. Aydýn MEVSÝM

wood could be a good choice but I dont like it :( I'm more prone to choose a high tech compound...

When using longer gun it may better to use wood barell. It has more mass that can help accuracy when shooting long & heavy shafts. They also can have adjustable ballast system that can let you use different diameter of shafts.

the only wooden gun that I have symphaty is the omer master america, this is a stylish gun imo.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT