• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer fins?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just got myself a pair of cressi gara 2000 hf :s but havent yet been able to try them out in water. By just looking them i would say that they are not quite as nice as sporasub radicals which ive tried, but a lot cheaper. I think ill do fine with them and maybe next summer moving to monofin..
Tuomo

well now I have tried both

I dived one week with my new omer tuna comps. and was impressed as in the beginning they seemed to be lot more flexible than sporasub radicals. but after a few days I dived with omers I found out that the difference was in the way the blade works rather than in the stiffness.
Sporasubs were really slow well that's what I think and perhaps so because they bend mostly from the area close to the foot pocket.
Omers bend fairly equally from the tip to the beginnig, I liked that...
They both are good but require different technique when swimming.
I would go for tuna comps now, since I like the way the blade works..:) and they are cheaper too..:p

Hi everyone,

I have a pair of BEUCHATmundial elite fins. They are the only fins I have used so I have no idea if they are good or not. it is quite interesting reading what is being written here regarding stiffness, kick technique, getting back up etc.

Does anyone know of these fins and/or used them. I would love to hear your opinion as i am very curious as to how they would rate to the fins mentioned in this forum.

thanks pete

Pete,

Check out Cliff Etzel's article comparing various fins. If my memory is correct, the Beauchat mundial was among the fins he tested. Although Cliff did rank some above others, I believe he concluded that all of the fins were fairly good.

Cliff's article was listed among previous articles on the Deeper Blue homepage, but I cannot find the previous articles section at the moment. If you also have trouble, send Cliff or Stephan Whelan a message - I'm sure they know where the article can be accessed.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT