• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer foot pocket lose in the heel area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

roy_nexus_6

Aug 28, 2003
Today I have finally tried my new SpecialFins B/W Mediums in the pool. I wore the fins with Picasso Thermic 5mm neoprene socks.
Love the fins, however; even thou the pocket fits nice and snug in the toe and the mid foot area, the heel is slipping when I fin (I have a farly narrow foot and a narrow heel). I can feel the heel area slip up and down and I can hear the squeeaking sounds.

Anyone here might have a tip for how to rectify this problem ?

TIA

lose Omer footpockets

Roy,

I have a similar issue...when it irritates me enough I plan to get an old pair of neoprene socks and cut the toes out - well really I mean cut them out back at the instep.

Slide them on with your existing socks & you will have extra thickness at the heel and ankle to hopefully stop the slipping.

Good luck.

I use the picasso fin keepers. Really good and durable. Got them from scubastore.

fin keepers work well but even better is an old 3mm sock. Cut the toe out as Bingo said but rather than put it in the footpocket slide it on to your leg above your normal 5mm sock, then put the fin on and then pull the 3mm one down until it goes around the heal of the footpocket. Most of the footpocket will be inside the 3mm sock top and bottom....no more slipping heal guaranteed!!

Andy

Last edited:
Sounds like a neoprene fin keeper. I definitely think you could patent this idea ADR.

Straight from the Terry Maas intro to freediving video! I can't remember which he shows first, the fin keeper or the old sock keeper

Andy

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !

Got and old pair of 3MM old scuba booties. I'll cut them up and see how it works.

Thanks again for the tips and the ideas!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT