• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer footpocket with Sporasub blade?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

marin2004

Apr 12, 2004
Hello divers!

Have anyone tried to mix Omer Millenium footpocket with blades of Sporasub Dessault? Are they compatible anyway? I have Omer fins and want to try Dessault. The blades alone are cheap and Omer has better footpockets.
Thanks

Marin

It should be alright.
The foot pockets are made from the same mould.
I have sporasub foot pockets with omer blades
It has to work the other way round.

Rémi

any idea about omer millenium footpockets with the omer mimetic blades? are they all the same form?

Marin,
The only problem would be breaking the Sporasub blades after a while. they eventually break at the bend, although the heavier Omer pocket might stop the problem. The Sporasubs don't have any support at the bend, so are suseptible. I thought about using my pciasso pockets with Sporasub blades to get a medium flex, but just ordered a pair of SpecialFin medium blades instead. They will be delivered today. I'll pass on my thoughts after trying them.
Last thought-Most people use too much fin. Blades too stiff are slower, while requiring more energy, than more flexible blades. I wind up with a lot of surface swims, so like Sporasubs for getting there, but prefer a stiffer fin for diving.
Howard

This is going to strain my logic capabilities, but bear with me.

Matrix blades are usually supplied with Sporasub foot pockets, but many people tell me they have used Omer pockets with Matrix blades.

I'm using Matrix blades with Picasso pockets, but I guess that is not entirely pertinent to this exercise.

Since Dessault pockets must be designed to work with Dessault blades, and Omer pockets work with Matrix blades, then Omer pockets must work with Dessault blades.

Did that make sense? Please explain it to me.

oh ok..so do you think there's hope for me "breaking mine in" or are htey gonna stay hard? do softer ones still have good transfer of energy?

so do you think there's hope for me "breaking mine in" or are htey gonna stay hard?
Yes to both questions.
Mine hurt like hell for the first week or so of diving. I had to leave the water a few times earlier than I planned.
Nowdays they never hurt and I can't notice any power transfer change and it's still a struggle to put them on usually.
You do use neopren socks, right?

haha..i have been everytime since i tore my achilles up. Although they arent neoprene.. they are cycling socks. I do want the neoprene though

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT