• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Footpockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
Hi

I would like to know whether anybody with big broad feet have used Omer footpockets:D . I'm a uk size 13 and have broad feet. I'm using Picasso (simotal) footpockets and have heard that the omers are quite nice (i'm a big omer fan!!). So guys with big feet, please help:D :D

regards
miles

Hi Miles

I don't have feet quite as big as yours but they are big enough to need size 46-48 footpockets. If you're looking for big wide footpockets, try the Sporasubs.

My Sporasub 46-48s are definitely bigger than the Omer equivalent, especially in the front of the foot. I use 2.5mm socks with my Omer footpockets and 5mm socks with the Sporasubs. I still get a fair amount of side to side movement in the Sporasubs, even with those thick socks. I have to say that the Omer footpockets feel fantastic now that they are broken in a bit, really comfortable and supple without feeling like they have too much "give" if you know what I mean.

Still that’s just my feet we’re talking about. I think a lot of divers have a preference for the Sporasubs.

Ash

Thanx ash. Will check out those sporasub footpockets.

miles

Miles, the OMER footpockets work fine for wide feet. I've got the Riffe/OMER fins, and they're quite comfortable as far as the width. The rubber on the heel tends to dig into the achilles heel though; I've get to wear 3mm booties to avoid blisters.

Hi Miles,
My foot is wide by the toes but somewhat narrow at the heels, which makes for challenging fitting in footwear. I have the Riffe/OMER "Silent Hunter" model. My experience with the fin is the same as Hooch's - the foot pocket fits very nicely. I use fin keepers routinely, but even without them the foot pocket holds well to my foot. I dive in cold water and wear 5mm booties.

Hi

Thanx for the advice. I bought me a pair of Omer Millenuim's. Took the blades off, and fitted my specialfins hybrid proffesional's to them. Quick and easy. Footpockets are absolutely brilliant. Only problem i have is that after about an hour of hard swimming, my one footpocket starts to hurt the side of my foot. Tried swopping them around. The same pocket then hurts the other foot!! Maybe i've just got to wear them in?? I'm using a 3mm sock, but will get a 1mm sock and see if theres any difference.

regards
miles

Hi

Thanx for the advice. I bought me a pair of Omer Millenuim's. Took the blades off, and fitted my specialfins hybrid proffesional's to them. Quick and easy. Footpockets are absolutely brilliant. Only problem i have is that after about an hour of hard swimming, my one footpocket starts to hurt the side of my foot. Tried swopping them around. The same pocket then hurts the other foot!! Maybe i've just got to wear them in?? I'm using a 3mm sock, but will get a 1mm sock and see if theres any difference.

regards
miles

Hey Miles,

I've got a couple pairs of Omer footpockets. My millenuims felt great right off the bat, however my Valero Grassi's (stiffer footpockets) hurt my feet when I started wearing them. However now they don't hurt my feet unless I store them improperly between dives. The more I wear them the more comfortable they are. Your fins should strech a bit as time goes by. Also the 1mm sock will probably help if the footpocket is cramping your foot a bit with the 3mm sock.

All the best!
Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT