• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Ocean Mimetic Wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Snorkel Bum

Absolut Escargot
Mar 26, 2004
Hello,
I am going to order an Ocean Mimetic suit because it looks great and I can get it really cheap in France (170€)... :duh
I am just wondering:
1. how fragile it is
2. how hard an open cell wetsuit is to get into ( is it possible to get in when you are in water...)
3. is there another suit which I should condsider

Thanks!!!

As far as I observed on mine... Its not that fragile unless you wear it and strech the inside of the suits with long finger nails while wearing. Its not possible to wear it without water IMO but you may wear it with LOOOOTS of talcum powder and with a long ceremony! I simple use water and could wear it perfectly.

Any other suit?? sure why not? elios, picasso and some others...

Hey dude, ;)

I guess this is the second time answering your same question but anyway...

The suit is not fragile but very durable.

if you lubricate the suit with water and shampoo its not hard to get in.

Look at the godds for sale section, there is greek manufacturer making some cheap heiwa neoprene opencell suits.

OK thnx... I have also heard about a hair conditoner and water mixture, do you know what the water:conditioner ratio is???

Thanks Again!

Hey snorkel,

I always use only water to enter the ocean mim. with no problems. (I am allergic to shampoo in the wet suit!) but I think a greasy mix will be more than enough to wear it easily.

ps: edited to change my mistake

Last edited:
Originally posted by Snorkel Bum
OK thnx... I have also heard about a hair conditoner and water mixture, do you know what the water:conditioner ratio is???

Thanks Again!

:D :D :D

Don't know the ratio but 2 scale orange juice wit 1 scale absolute is works great just before the diving :t

Anyway i use 2,5 liter soapy water to ensure easy wear. If you use 50-50 ratio you will need 1.25 liter shampoo in every use. That will cost you a fortune:head

Just put bit more than what you use in shower in 2.5 liter bottle

Reactions: DeepThought
Don't know the ratio but 2 scale orange juice wit 1 scale absolute is works great just before the diving

hmmm... nah, a cognac on the rocks does it for me :t

thnx again again for the info!

Hello All!

Anybody know a good site to order the Omer Ocean
Mimetic 3mm in the UK (european sites)?
Also noticed that Omer is sponsoring these forums how come there are none of their wetsuits in the shop?

Cheers

Hey Baur... go to Spearo.co.uk and order one of their suits... they are the same as the Elios suits... yummy!

Snorkel

Cheers mate wicked site.
Im going to hold out for the omer though. Am seriously considering picking up the c4 blades from them as at £140 its the best price ive come across sofar.
What do u think of Tecknosport footpockets?

140 pounds is a good price? i dunno how much that is in € but i can get them for €238 with shipping! hehehe
Tecknosport, never heard of them but if they are on C4 they gotta be good! I think they are like the Omer millenium or the sporasub...

A good site for Omer kit is http://www.scubaland.fr

Join their 'privelege club' - its free and get even more money off. I think they are selling the Omer Ocean for about 169 Euros. I've bought a few things from them and they seem pretty good.

enjoy

David

:eek:

Open cells

Are open cell wetsuits that much warmer? and can you scuba dive with them? Dont worry i freedive but everyonce in a while i like to go deep with tanks. thx

open cell is warmer and is moer fragile (the inside) easily ripped with long nails... it is also harder to put on, but this is easily solved by pouring a water and hair conditioner solution (preferably hot :p) into it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT