• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

omer stingray vs pathos footpocket

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I also use Omer stingray foot pockets in size 45 - 46. In Pathos I use 46 -48.

Pathos foot pockets are flatter and broader than the Omer's so will accommodate wider feet a bit better.

I have a high foot arch so moulded the Pathos foot pockets to accommodate this by heating the foot pockets up with a heat gun. This little extra effort had the effect of essentially creating custom foot pockets so they are very comfortable.

In terms of performance the Pathos pockets are lighter and the tendons much softer than the stingray allowing the whole fin blade to bend freely and not just hinge on the end of the tendon.

Although the Omer foot pockets are hard wearing and give decent performance / value for money, in my option the Pathos foot pockets are much better and I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you start using them.

Last edited:
You don't need a massive amount of heat to make the rubber pliable so a blow dryer will work just fine.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT