• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer T20

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
Hiyall,

When I get rid of this cast on my leg, I'll most likely am also a happy new owner of T20 (130cm) gun.. I just wanted to find out if there are people here who have experience on that gun? Is there something I should know about as I will move from Omer aluminum 75--->to T20 130?

How much further will it shoot, is it as accurate as the Aluminium?

Happy diving to you all!

Pekka

Hi Pekka,

Why you did you suddenly moved from 75 cm gun to 130???

I advise you to carry your 75cm on your float too for close encounter.

I have 75cm T20 and makes too much problem to me. Mine was had factory defective trigger. I need to repair it. The trigger is not sensitive like Alluminium. You may miss few fish at the begining. The trigger is too much sensitive aginst sands, be carefull ! ! ! Don't put it on sands like me otherwise you may need to open the handle to clean it. My 75 cm is accurate. In first 10-12 shoot wishbone will hit the spear guide and will make noise and will fire slower. Regularly check your shaft if it is straight even slightly bent spear will lost you fish. Fix spear guide just benath the wishbone's plastic part. This way you will minimize energy lost for first few shots, after first shoots wishbone's metal parts will wear the corners of the guide, so it will be no problem anymore. Gun shoots accurate both because of spear guide and muzzle. If the trigger doesn't makes you any problem you will be happy.

Last edited:
Why you did you suddenly moved from 75 cm gun to 130???

I want to be able to reach the fish that I can see, not just the ones that are VERY curious about me... it just might be lack of my technique, but we'll see I hope to eat more fish that's why..

So trigger is not quite as sensitive as in Alu. model.. well I'll get used to that..
I advise you to carry your 75cm on your float too for close encounter.

I have rarely had a situation where I had to scare the fish further away... normally I am just praying for them to come bit closer.. but now I hopefully don't need to pray and just impale them with the new gun.. when I get this cast off.....

Thanks for advice Murat.

Safe diving

Pekka

The purpose of 75 cm gun is to shoot in and under the caves. Such as groupers, breams and so.... If you shoot under/in or directly to the rocks with 130 cm gun you will need tons of shafts.:naughty

Tons of Shafts??? I hope not.. My style of hunting considered.. I dont think so.. hopefully... but I'll keep that in mind..
There are not that many caves and big rocks around.. I am usually hunting on flat seabed with patches of Kelp here and there.. so that might be the reason I don't ge that close to the fish..and hence the bigger gun ;)

Well I don't know if there are any... I haven't seen any where I have been diving.. I have seen some huge Wrasse but I don't think there are any groupers here..
Pekka

Just checked from the collins fish book... there are no Groupers in UK waters...:(

interesting. I thought groupers can be found almost everywhere.

Pekka why dont you go for the 130cm aluminum? Do you have a specific reason apart from the budget?

Budget is not an issue.. as all the guns cost the same in Finland.. (150€ or something) so I could just pick any.. I just thought that t20 is not that delicate as the aluminum.. as I have to travel quite a bit for diving I though T20 will last longer in my use. :)
Pekka

If they are same price you should get Alluminium they are much more better than T20 and the have stiffer barell due to its carbon wall thickness which is very important in long guns. If you travel much and afraid of scratching carbon barell just get those cheap red covers from OMER.

the longer versions of carbon T20 have the same barrel thickness with aluminum both 1.85mm as far as I know.

But the Handle/trigger and muzzle is not same. Thats means a lot.

sure they are not the same but its a tuff mechanism lacking the sensitivity of aluminum.. I think its a strong one, but sure the aluminum is dady

I am not very happy with T20's mech. And i doubt if its tuff like you think.

maybe your right, I dont use t20, I read some articles only

Well fellas I'll let you know how my T20 performs.. ok..;)

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT