• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer UP-X1 Dive Mode Not Activating

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Wotto

Nov 7, 2016
Hey guys,

I recently picked up an Omer UP-X1 second hand for a steal of a price and found that on my first time diving with it, it was not registering any of my dives.

I looked in the history on the watch and there were dives registered on it and the only thing I changed from the time I picked it up to diving with it was complete a firmware update through the www.Omersub.com website.

Has anyone had this issue in the past with this computer or another computer with depth activated dive mode and what was done to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Wotto

Hello Wotto,

It could be a couple of things:
1. Do you know when the batter was changed last? ... Batteries are the #1 reason dive computers do not go into dive mode
2. how many dives are on the computer? ....This goes with what I have written below.
3. have you deleted the previous dives? this watch holds 250 dives in its memory before needing to be downloaded and wiped clean.

Where are you located? IF you would like to reach me Via private msg please do so.

Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay, been flat out with a few things around the home.

In response to your questions:
1) i am unsure when the battery was last charged but i have now replaced. So is brand new as of the 8/1/17.

2) there was roughly about 80 dives on the watch when i first got it but the first thing i did when i got it home was clear the dive history on it.

3) there is no dive history on it now and was none last time i dived with it (december).

When i was diving with it, it wouldnt even appear to be activating the dive or wouldnt even sense the depth change even if i was playing with the watch at depth, i tried changing to dive mode while on the bottom in 12m of water and had no joy.

It has now got a new battery / been reset so im not sure if the issue is sorted as the weather has been shit and i havent had a chance to test yet. Will keep posted if the new battery rectifies. I am in perth western australia mate.

Cheers,
Wotto

Reactions: Kyle Faust
Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay, been flat out with a few things around the home.

In response to your questions:
1) i am unsure when the battery was last charged but i have now replaced. So is brand new as of the 8/1/17.

2) there was roughly about 80 dives on the watch when i first got it but the first thing i did when i got it home was clear the dive history on it.

3) there is no dive history on it now and was none last time i dived with it (december).

When i was diving with it, it wouldnt even appear to be activating the dive or wouldnt even sense the depth change even if i was playing with the watch at depth, i tried changing to dive mode while on the bottom in 12m of water and had no joy.

It has now got a new battery / been reset so im not sure if the issue is sorted as the weather has been shit and i havent had a chance to test yet. Will keep posted if the new battery rectifies. I am in perth western australia mate.

Cheers,
Wotto
Sounds good if it does not fix the issue let me know and I will send you the service contact. Cheers!

Reactions: Wotto
Thanks kyle, appreciate your help mate.

Sounds like i might be getting in a quick shore dive saturday morning so will let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

Reactions: Kyle Faust
So I haven't as yet been able to get out in the water to test the watch and I'm back at work now.

Have left the watch with my brother while I'm away and he will try and get out and test it for me.

So the bro has managed to take it out with him today.

Did not register any of the dives unfortunately.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT