• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i hope so....

This will be my first winter seson. I heard there are more fish in coastal areas in winter sesion

I heard the same.... but its too difficult to arrange a dive trip at winter while the school is open :(

Yeah thats for sure...

We have exams in every 2-3 months. Few quiz in every week. Many assignment... Too much lecture hours... I will be lucky if i able to dive more than 5-6 time during whole winter. But at least sea is very close here. Only took 3 minutes with car.

Does the Omer new team competition titanium suit and master pro come with attached hoods?

Also, does anyone know a good online store that sells these suits? All I have found is spearfishinggear.com that sells a couple of them. Thanks,

Lee

Today I have touched the masterpro,it comes with attached hoods and 5mm is app.250 euros

Aydýn

My omer Mimtec Med suit in 6.5mm just got here. I should have it out for a dive over the weekend - I'll let you know what I think.

either way I better learn to like it! only suit I have!

Willer

Murat ,
These smooth skin ones are not so fragile.I asked to my friend same question as yours he made a show to me.. With his sharp victorinox he want to cut so forcefully the outside of an 10-10 cm piece of smooth skin neopren,but there was no visible tear,when you close up you will see an invisible fairy scratch.
Aydýn

Good...

Hey boys the water is warm enough here to wear only one piece of the suit. I asked the shop owner (also great diver and diving buddy) and he said use top part. I asked if its also good to use bottom part (with sleeveless attached ) and he said no, its better to use top part.

What you think??

I think its a matter of personal choice to use only the upper portion or full suit. If its not too hot inside the suit then wear both, at least try your suit once as a whole :). Another fact that I personally care is the look of the suit when I only wear the upper portion, it just looks like a frog man! as I said imo, its a matter of personal choice ;)

May be upper part do more protection against cold. Especially in critical places:D ... I mean lungs..:duh

Lee,
The team competition titanium does come with attached hood. The suit is pretty comfortable after some alterations to the lower legs and keeps me warm all day. Hawaiian water is relatively warm so I use a 3mm. Can't comment on different thicknesses but this suit is by far the warmest 3mm I have tried yet. Word of warning, watch all high stretch seams. After a few (less than 5) dives I noticed some of the seams were coming apart. The stitching was holding but the glue had come undone. A quick fix of wetsuit glue on these and other high stretch areas (chest, underarms, crotch) and so far no other problems. If you really want this suit, try Adrenaline Spearfishing http://www.spearfishing.com.au/ I got my suit from these guys as they were the cheapest OMER dealer I found. Have you considered Elios? I have heard really good things about them and you can't complain with a suit tailored to your dimensions. Price is competitive or cheaper than most OMER, Picasso, Cressi suits. Hope this helps.

Brad

hi

Congrats on a new wettie murat. Try and be careful with it unlike me and it should last :cool:

cheers

Yeah i tried the upper part today. The chest fit well but waist to loose. The water enter from there. I will change it with number 4.

hi

Murat get a rubber weight belt and tighten it up this helps seal the suit for me when only using the top.

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

Murat get a rubber weight belt and tighten it up this helps seal the suit for me when only using the top.

cheers

Yes i did but the waist was really loose so i felt uncomfortable. I will change it soon...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT