• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omg - I'm Stuck !!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Narced

Nov 7, 2002
Alright - maybe a slightly dramatic title to my query, but hey; I needed to catch your attention...:eek:

I just received my spanking new Mares Thermic wetsuit (thank you DB shop) & was obviously dying to try it on. It's a Farmer John with separate jacket model.

After about 30 mins of squeeezing myself into the thing & losing about 2 liters of fluids in sweat, I finally managed to zip it up.

It was very, very tight (nearly uncomfortably so) and I am wondering whether this will give a bit once in the water?
Any tips on how easiest to don the wetsuit (babypowder etc) would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Last edited:
I usually use a bit of conidtioner mixed in water. Slippery, smells good, & slides on very nicely ;)

Reactions: Narced
Head over to the local natural overpriced food and stuff store, and score some unscented conditioner. Get a sparay bottle and give a healthy spurt of the stuff into it, fill with water and shake. Good for you, the suit and all around you when you pull it off.

sven

Thanks guys - I realise the question about tight wetsuits is asked about 10 x a day, but I just couldn't help myself from getting some more advice :D

Just one more question...the jacket has an integrated hood, with the zipper actually opening up a bit (5cm) even though I zip it up all the way. I don't mind this as it feels more comfortable & would feel too tight otherwise - but is that a construction fault & is it going to have any negative effects on water exchange?

Thanks again

Hey, ask as many questions as you want! :)

Ideally, your suit doesn't have any zippers, as they'll all let water in. In your case, I wouldn't get to worried about it until you can feel the water pumping or you get out of the water looking like a balloon... You can sew a patch of velcro or some wetsuit material over the zipper to help keep it in place.

sven

Hey Narced

Baby powder, bad idea, becomes messy when wet, and doesn't work on a damp wetsuit! Conditioner works well, but not always available when you're out on the boat. A nice trick I learnt, tie a plastic shopping bag to you're foot/hand, slides in easily, once the appendage pops out the other end, take the bag off, just make sure it doesn't blow overboard, not very eco friendly!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT