• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

One air leaking fill valve

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

grantl

Dec 5, 2005
Just found my one air is losing air through the fill valve. The loss is about 2.5 bar/ day and it's coming out the centre hole.
Anyone got any thoughts on this - is a new valve required or are there possibly fixes for it?

Cheers

Grant

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Happened to mine as well. I am pretty sure my abrupt leak was caused by a tiny bit of rubber getting stuck in the valve from a pump seal disintegrating (from the pump itself, perhaps from overheating and lack of lube).

I suspect yours could be leaking for two reasons. First would be if something is stuck in there, like in mine. Second would be a worn out o-ring in the pump inlet valve.

Either way, it is fixable. The inlet valve design is pretty simple. It is basically a stainless steel ball resting on an o-ring. Once you have emptied the air out of your gun it is easy to unscrew the inlet valve. Then on the front side of it, you should find a small insert that you unscrew, too. There will be a spring, then the SS ball and finally the o-ring. So, I would guess that worst case scenario would call for a new o-ring.

While at it, consider inspecting if the seal inside the pump is the culprit. And give it a few drops of oil while at it.

That's kinda it. Good luck with it:)

Last edited:
Reactions: grantl
Thanks Diving Gecko. Did you add any sealant on the valve thread when reassembling? It's covered in a white sealant compound - thinking it should be OK to just reassemble as is?

I did not add sealant at all. Prolly just some white lithium grease, not sure. In the Asso/Hunter and Sten guns (plus a lot of others), the inlet valve seem to seal by compression, but perhaps there is even an o-ring in the One Air? Can't recall. But I def didn't use sealant:)

It seems there is no O ring - the ball is sitting directly on the inlet hole.
I don't suppose anyone can tell me what size of o ring should be there?

Hmmm, that's interesting. I can't really recall if mine has an o-ring, and I can't check for you as the gun is in a different country than I am. I did measure the o-ring of an old Mirage (which is a completely different gun) and that one was 1.8 x 6.0mm (CW x OD).
Close imperial series would be 6.46 x 1.78 (OD x W) / 2.9 x 1.78mm (ID x W); also called AS568-006. Or 5.34 x 1.78 (OD x W) / 1.78 x 1.78mm (ID x W); AS568-004. But again, no guarantees these would work in an One Air valve.

[EDIT] Don't pay too close attention to the above as I just found a bag of o-rings that is 2.57 x 1.78mm (ID x W) and on which I had noted that it was for the inlet valve. I will update this post, when I finally confirm the size.

You could consider emailing Omer/Sporasub and asking for the size or replacement set. I have had replies in the past from Davide Villa. He's (disguised) email is:
villa...at...omersub.it
(delete the three dots and change 'at' for an '@'. I am just trying to fool the spam bots)

Last edited:
Just to clarify. All my other guns, and I suspect the One Air, too, has a small o-ring that the ball seals onto. But the whole inlet valve body itself seals to the inner barrel and reservoir by compression without an o-ring. I think, perhaps, Salvimar's guns are different in this regard in that they might have an o-ring seal there as well.

Thanks again.
I think the O ring has solved the issue. I had a spare Seal kit for the airbalete and used the O ring from the kit. It immediately feels smoother to pump and is holding pressure. Woohoo :)

And what a gun - these things are impressive. It is a lot easier to aim than the airbalete imo. I wasn't sure how it would work out because of the width of it. Needn't have worried - it's spot on :)

Yeah, good to hear. I tend to aim my One Air down its left side. The only gripe I have with it is that is not that easy to track, but the fast shot and buttery smooth recoil is pretty impressive.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT