• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

one for the mermaids

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Griff

Certified SCUBA Rider
May 7, 2002
What ladies fins would you recommend? stiffness of blade etc.
I have a pair of beuchat competitions that will fit my girlfriend if she wears five mil booties. is that a good idea? the problem is i'd have to replace a broken blade which I'd replace it gladly if the fins worked for her, but if its not worth the risk then i'll rather look at another option. the competitions are faily soft blades, but she is very unfit finning wise.

thanks

mark

My girlfriend uses Imersion JB Esclapez green and she`s quite happy with them. Actually the problem was finding a fin for her small feet (size 38 EU).I`ll ask her to post her thoughts on that...

Greets Joe

How 'bout some Grinta's?

I've got a pair og Grinta Tigullios, and they're fairly easy on the legs. They tend to work the calves more than your standard longblades, but a) They're cheap (can get for around R 400) b) They're easy to pick up if you haven't swum in a while.

Otherwise fix what you've got - just remember what happened to them in the firs place. You might hav to fix them again in a mont or two. And if you do fix them, drill her in one-fin ascent in case they break again. Or no-fin ascent, for that matter. You never know.

Good luck!

PS. El griffo, did you get my sms regarding Moz?

Not bigfoot either

I might take up freediving to and have found fin size a problem. I have borrowed a pair of Eszlapez black(smalest sice) from a friend of mine. They are still to big w/ a tre mil boot. Have also tried her Seeback monofin w/ Omer footpockets smalest sice, to big. Anything that a woman can use witout a lot of stuffing :eek: . I think I want a stiff fin since I swim almoest daily and often use a pair of Waterway glassfiber bifins, cant use those footpockets for more than an hour though. Any advice on what and where to buy it would be appreciated .Its bifins Im looking for.

Thanks Mia

Last edited:
:eek:
Hi all....I started with a pair of Cressis (40-41) and love the footpocket, it's narrower than most makes, is flexible and doesn't chafe.
I have a pair of SporaSubs that I am returning, as the footpocket fits, but the fins are heavy (weight-wise) and they just feel bulky.
I tried a pair of Esclapez w/ the green blades...they just felt wrong= heavy/bulky to me. The stiffness isn't a problem, just comfort, overall 'feel'.

Looking over the posts in the DB Store about the Cressi HF --(so many divers have good things to say about them) they will probably be my next pair.

Now please don't take this wrong, guys but the freediver who looked at my SporaSubs insists that return them because although he sent me specifically to the store...the seller probably 'kinda blew you off because you are a woman'.
I've had it happen in another place, a dive-shop; so maybe the best support you could offer is to go w/her and make sure she gets the help she needs.
**Oh, and Mia, if your fellow go w/you, that might help in your case ;)
I didn't want to start w/ an expensive fin, as I am a beginner to freediving. I chose comfort over any other consideration. No socks, no blisters...and no 'extras' to get....except the fixe palmes! I strongly recommend those :)
Mark and Mia: I hope this is helpful. Please post how it goes!

OceanSwimmer

Last edited:
Again

Thanks for taking time OS,but its still a problem. And I do share the experience w/ not being taken serious in a diveshop, boring I just go somewere else. Its a rare thing, moest diveshopguys are extremly helpful, and go a long way to help you.But not even the diveshops that knows how to treat a woman here can help me w/ freediving gear. Iv found that freedivingfins often has 40-41 as the smallest sice ex Cressi. looked at the Esclapez Iv got at home now and they are sice 38-40. Should work since its the european shoe sice I use to shop, Im very experienced in that area:eek: . But they are way to big and beond any help. Those fixe palmes are great but if the fins are to big you lose to much in power anyway. So anyone who knows where to order small sice freedivingfins, please help me

Mia

Last edited:
I feel for you ladies! I, too, have small feet (36 EU/ 6 US) and after much research gave up and got a pair of Sporasub Pure's in 38-40s and they are comfortable with a 3mm sock. If anyone finds a smaller size fin please let us all know!

Very Small Feet......

Well, Divemama and Mia: I see you have indeed quite little feet!

I would open your question to the usenet groups you see listed below when you check into the general 'Forum' area: there are some folks who post pretty much 'round the clock. For you, Mia, I'd check the UK netgroup, and Divemama I'd check the US one. A lot of the men who SCUBA lots take their wives and should be able to pass on some helpful advice.
...Sorry about the sizes; our family has the opposite problem: all the women have large feet. My 16 year old girl, who wears a woman's size 11 1/2! [[Goes with her height, 6'1"!!]]
We often default to buying men's 'board shoes, as that's what she wears 24/7.
Heels present an amazing challenge, but we've been lucky :)

--Good luck and do post back on the Freediving Equipment Section. Maybe a thread like "Mermaids with Little feet!!"

--You know what is ironic? Men w/ Big feet are considered....well....gifted. Women are supposed to have petite little appendages. Go Figure.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT