• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

open invitation

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

messey

Mar 20, 2006
I would like to invite everyone up to the lake anytime this summer I will be living in my 5th wheel at Whalen bay (125km north of Prince Albert) till sometime in august. The lake is 140+ feet deep up to 50 feet vis. There are 2 sail boats, a plane fuselage, a small fishing boat, a phone booth and a toilet to dive down to in about 40 feet. There are also many lakes within a ½ drive to spear at. If anyone is interested leave a post. I will have internet access for another week then I might be hard to get a hold of. People can leave messages for me at Natures Haven Lodge 306-426-2212 in about 2 weeks.

I might be able to come out close to the end of July. Any more information you can pass my way would be great.

July good for me. Looking forward to it!
Erik Y.

Erik said:
Good. The other one is :ban
rofl
Erik

That because you are a shrimp. You don't deserve to camp in that much comfort and headroom. rofl :ko

still open

I am going back up to the Whiteswan lakes for the summer again and would like to welcome anyone interested in crazy walleye fishing and incredible freshwater freediving to join me. Last year was insane, diving every other day in the nicest lakes in Saskatchewan. We know where the fish are so we never go back to camp without lunch and we have been scouting out new lakes to try some new challenges. If you want a real challenge the lake trout sit at about 75' and vis is at least 30' at 50' deep. If you would like to come up you can message me on here until June 24 after that you can leave messages for me at Whiteswan lodge 306-426-2212.

Vessey

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 239
  • wall2.jpg
    wall2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: feign
I am in as well. I have wanted to venture to the Whiteswan lake, since hearing about it from some scuba guys last year. Messey, does the vis stay good all summer in that lake? I know the lake trout like to stay in 10 C or cooler usually below the thermocline and are up shallower in the early spring and for spawning in the fall. Is the 75' a summer depth there?

ya the vis stayed good all last summer and the trout were sitting at 72 feet for july and august. The ice only came off a week ago so hopefully they will be sitting shallower this year. In 2005 they were in about 40 feet all summer, that lake doesnt like to warm up very much.

I checked regs at Whiteswan. Only 1 laker per day. I guess with the other lakes around this should help ease the crave for hunting.

lee

I checked regs at Whiteswan. Only 1 laker per day. I guess with the other lakes around this should help ease the crave for hunting.

lee

I think it will take lots of diving and some good techniques to get one laker. I wouldn't even be concerned about getting more then one laker. Trout are allot harder to hunt from what Stu has told me and Messey so I think they will be a nice challenge from allot of the fish we normally see or shoot.

Messey, have you heard of or dove in Sandy lake? Supposedly a rock/sand bottom with good vis.

last year we never even hunted whiteswan for lakers there are 2 lakes within 10 min that have good walleye and pike hunting. if you manage to get a laker you will only need one the average size ppl catch is 8-10 lbs and they are the best tasting trout i have ever had.

I have heard of sandy lake, the one by meadow lake with rainbows in it? Its supose to be good but someone was saying it probably got winter killed this past winter.

There are some good trout lakes about 20 min away from my camp. Piprell has lots of trout but it gets algae growing in july. The gems are beautiful lakes, deep and clear. They have good trout numbers but i have never seen one diving. seen ppl catch and have caught myself but just can't find the fish when im in the water.

When you guys come up you wont be disapointed by the lakes and the fishing. Just dont get your hopes up for a trout they are insanely hard to hunt. Most times you cant even get within 20 feet of them and there gone before you know it. Thats if you can even find them, the best chance you have is when there sitting at about 20 feet deep. Its so much more fun when there deep, i dont know about you guys but surface hunting gets boring fast.

I have seen trout while diving in a couple different lakes and have speared as well, but I know what you are saying. They are generally fast and elusive. Gabe got some beautiful, large splake last year in Sask. I am definately interested in the challenge, particularly for the deep lakers below the thermocline. I think this would be a cool hunt and rewarding to come up with a big one from down deep, if we can pull it off.

lee

ya i saw the photos of those splake, they were very nice.

Once i move up to whiteswan i will talk to my neighbours to find out how deep the trout are and start searching for them. The time spent finding them and figuring out proper technique will be worth it when having speared lake trout for lunch.

I'm taking off for about a month so i will talk to all you guys before i head up to whiteswan at the end of june

vessey

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT