• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Open Muzzle for my RABITECH

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
Hiya

I'm busy building myself another "Yellowtail Slayer". 115cm Rabitech Carbon Apex (what else??:D) with a 6.3mm SS spear and a single 16mm. I've always like the open muzzle design and would like to get one for my new gun. Internal barrel diammeter is 24mm, outside is 28mm. Doesn't have to be able to hold 2x16's as almost all of my yellowtail hunting is done with a single 20 OR a single 16mm.

Any recommendations on which one to get?? Or even any links to where i can buy one??

Regards
miles

ballistically 6.3mm and 16mm bands is not the best efficieny or most accurate setup.

You should try 18mm omer with 6.3mm shaft or 20-21mm with 6.5mmm shaft. Don't forget to adjust the sizes to find most efficient setup.

Miles ,have you tried the picasso Pacific muzzle?
other than that I know a few of the hawaiian gunmakers have made their own open muzzles. look on the h'ana pa'a site and you may see a few.

huan

Hiya

Murat, 16mm and 6.3mm spear works perfectly for me. I've taken quite a few yellowtail of 8kg's + with this set-up, hitting the fish at the end of the guns range. I really don't see the need for extra power. You can only shoot as far as the end of your shooting line!!!

I've used 18mm's, and they're great!!! But here, its not easily available as bulk rubber. What i like most about the 16mm is the ease of loading, especially when hunting schooling fish like yellowtail, when every second wasted means less of a chance of taking a second fish from the same school.

Huan, i've seen pictures of the picasso pacific's muzzle as well as the omer's open muzzle. Was just wondering if there are any others that work well.

Regards
miles

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT