• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

open track guns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Mark,

Back to talking of my nonsense.........
The rubber and the wishbone will not snap the shooter's hand because the muzzle locks the wishbone when the shaft is released. The wishbone is like loop, it can't pass way over the muzzle, unless the line wishbone is broken. The rubber can not snap into the rear direction of the gun or fingers too, cause the wishbone loop will be stuck at the muzzle.

A 180* degrees bend performed by the line wishbone on the muzzle are is not going to be a big drag if the material along that contour is something like big game fishing rod line rollers. Usually they are ceramic or high polished s.steel with actual mini ball bearings. For underwater use, ceramic will do. The rollers does not need to actually spin, a smooth surface will do, if they can spin I guess it is better.

Sailing yachts use a lot of these rollers for their sail, I don't know what they call it, I am a powerboat person.

Basically I am just wondering what will the effect be if we can have the shaft being pulled as far as possible on the track, unlike front rubber muzzle. Also how much actual recoil can be compensated/countered by this rear rubber arrangement. :duh .

Well, dreaming is indeed fun........better than making your report...yes !!!

Thanks Mark,
IYA

Spearo Chat

Hi Freedivers

Reading the posts made me realise one of the reasons why I,and probably others enjoy chatting about new ideas for spearguns and speargun equipment on this forum.

What interests me the most about diving when i cant be in the water are the stories told by fellow freedives. of the last fish they shot, or the last reef they explored or that school of dolphins that swam past. It can be anything realy. Just reading someone els's account of their dive can put me there, in amoungst the kelp, grunting for white sea-bass, even though i have never even seen a wsb, nor have i dived in a kelp forest for that matter. So i would like to read more from the other divers but if you look the the topics, freediving stories are not 10% of what the others are in terms of number.
Why are we so less willing to share our true life accounts?
well form my side, and i havent posted one story yet, is that i probably dont think that they are worth telling. most of the dives i do dont involve spearing any fish. and if i do, i dont realy feel that they are worth mentioning. But why when i still enjoy any stories?

this brings me back to why we discuss spearguns so much. Discussing them is also fun, and it usually involves feed-back from other members, and is in a way accepted by the forum members. you feel a right ass if you add something to the conversation in a big group and everyone els sort of scratches the ground with their feet and then bring up something els. well, this forum is like a big ongoing conversation, and you also feel an idiot if you submit something and no-one replies to it. in a nutshell, spearguns are "cool" to talk about, so thats why we discuss them so much.

And the point of all my ramblings?
dont worry if you dont think that its not the most important topic or most exciting story, and dont worry if no-one replies to it either. people will still enjoy reading it, i know i will.

Mark

sven? yer hurtin me feelins, brah. i was the one who tore up the keys last march with a single 16mm band throwing a thin riffe pencil off my 116cm omer. :waterwork i've always made up for my inferior powered unit by just getting closer. :D

so, remember... it's not the size, it's how well you wield it. :D

hiya, jay! what's a happenin? aquiles got his big king this weekend. :D he's one hellaofa happy cuban! :D

later fellas,
andrsn

Originally posted by andrsn
sven? yer hurtin my inferior powered unit.
aquiles got his big king this weekend.
andrsn

OK, OK, I'll add you to the list of Bill, Stylron and myself. Jay was telling me he's got some time late Sept/Oct.

And about the migrant getting his king... must've been the Speedo's.:mute Couldn't have been his yellow box.

sven

27lb smoker. :D he shot it w/ my omer, too. rofl he bought me a reel for it and definitely put it to the test on the king.

i got a free round-trip from spirit for f-ing up my return home, so i'm gettin a freebee back to lauderdale anytime you cats are up for some adventures in the keys. :D

later days,
anderson

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT