• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Open water training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

otrebor

Oct 13, 2011
Hi there, unfortunately the pools are closed again due to the coronavirus, so I only train dry (stretching, weights, running, dry breath hold) and, once or twice a week, I do some spearfishing before the water gets too cold. Since I live a few kilometers from the sea and since in a few weeks I will no longer do spearfishing because I can't resist more than an hour and a half in the 13°C water, I was wondering how I can use that hour, once a week or even two, to train for depth. My idea is to do series of hang at 20/25 (maximum depth easily accessible within finning distance) plus full exhale dives at increasing depths as the weeks go by. Or maybe descend without a weight belt or finning from the bottom with additional weight?
Do you have any ideas that this might work? What exercise to recommend? I didn't find anything on the forum.
P. S. We will always be two in the water.

Thanks.

Lock down is on yellow now ,Swim pools closed. compensating on dives in winter proves to be more difficuilt in winter blocked naisal passages due to cold.Mare mosso!rough sea ,Dont use more weight! dangerous.I in january return to immerse in the sea for the sea bass.! i use the indiana crawl at 6 to 11 meters of depth in winter!the seabass frequent the cost more so at these depths here.The running up and down the vineyards, bike trainning prepare me for depths in spring time if poss this year to come in 2021.The indian crawl i find prepares me for depth diving,With a good cardio thanks to the bike or running weather permitting.The up hill running is the best for me !stamina, Agility im staying down in depth more easy more relaxed more positive,I do long leg stretching then arms and arc stretching on back and chest,I concentrate on a good iron content in my food with some milk to aid my respitory with raw and cooked garlic.I take Ginkgo Biloba for the thinning of the blood with other suppliments i.e vit C.I aviod citrus drinks prior to dive.Fruits good for me Banana ,Kiwi Fig Great for sugar level and energy.Some fresh Ginger root is great to balance the sugar level and to avoid sickness,.This year leaves us all scratching our hair even for your spear fishing mate buddy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT