• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Opening weekend in saskatchewan

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

messey

Mar 20, 2006
fishing final open this weekend so we headed up north to some trout lakes. We went to the gems lakes which are super clear and deep but saw nothing but i only hit 1 of 5 lakes that have fish. then we went to piprell 15-20 feet vis there are huge fish saw a few but i was getting use to my new t-20 and kept aiming low but i did final hit something, a sucker :vangry. i got a few photos heres is a link http://www.piczo.com/messeyproductions?g=6399934&cr=6
there are some amazing lakes in that area

Awesome stuff dude! We'll have to come up there this summer and join you. How do you like the T-20 compared to your old gun?
Erik

the new gun is amazing so much more power and range i just need to got trained to aim up abit and were the fish is going to be not where he is i kept missing by a few inchs and it sux cause i saw some huge trout 3 8lb splake 3-4 lb browns. it would be cool if some of u could come up. there are about 50 lakes to fish within a half hour of were my camper is going to be parked we move it up there on may long weekend. the lake its at is whalen bay upto 50 foot vis lake trout but its a one trout limit they milk them every other year. piprell is 20 min away and its very common to get a 8-10 lb trout. lady that runs the resort said i was the first to every spearfish the lake

messey said:
but i did final hit something, a sucker :vangry.

Suckers are damn good eating. Never mind the angler's opinon :confused:
Erik

Well I just clean them and my wife does the rest, but BBQ in foil with butter, garlic, chili peppers is great. Not too many bones, easy to clean, and legal targets for us here in Alta.
Erik

Better question is 'What can't we shoot?"
We can't shoot Trout, Jack, Walleye and a few others. Legally.
That leaves Perch, Ling Cod, Lake Whitefish, Suckers.

http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/fishingregs/ under 'Province-Wide Regulations:

A special licence for spearfishing is not required. Spearfishing is allowed under the Alberta Sportfishing Licence.

Only spears propelled by spring, elastic, compressed gas or muscular power are permitted.
Only persons who are swimming may spearfish.
Spears cannot be used to take trout, mountain whitefish, Arctic grayling, lake sturgeon, walleye or northern pike.
Spearfishing is not permitted in Gods, May, Seibert, Winefred, Andrew, Gardiner and Namur lakes.

Peace,
Erik Y.

Sounds awesome and nice pictures. Are all those lakes you mentioned near Prince Albert.

central opening weekend was awesome hit a little trout lake (normal fishing) and i did some target practice with my gun and i got the hang of it. then on our way home for the weekend we stopped at a dam we always check and there were pike every where and we had no gear with us so we drove 40 km back up north to get it. got in the water at 8:45 with the sun setting. got 2 pike one was a kill shot and the other through the gills. could of shot so many others but i was practising stalking and getting good shots. there are some photos added to my site http://www.piczo.com/messeyproductions?g=3161525&cr=6

ya james when i move back we will have to do something. i would come to the pool with you guys forsure. right now my buddy and i hit the pool once a week.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT