• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Opinions needed Omer T20 with reel....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

loneranger

Apr 30, 2010
Just ran into what i hopes a bargain. T20 Omer Blue Camo with reel and line. guy said $100 and i said sold. its in great condition. was wondering if anyone knows about this gun and are they pretty good? input appreciated!

I dont personally know but my buddy did alot of research on that gun before buying his Sporasub ONE 105. He said it was bad ass and was going to buy it at a much higher price than that before i showed him the ONE. I guarantee, unless its in terrible condition, that the T20 is worth way more than $100 id grab it in a second.

I think its a pretty sweet lookin Gun Too

Attachments

• OmerT20.jpg
    OmerT20.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 328
thanks Kyle, glad i grabbed it, just dont know that much about them. thanks for your response!:friday

Omer: pne of the leading brands in spearfishing world wide.

T20 Carbon mimetic is now a discontinued podel but ran for many years and has a very good reputation!

very reliable and accurate. i would have jumped on it for that price. all that needs modifying in my opinion is:
-m add a glue on rail (depending on your length of gun) available threough OMER as well and quite cheap, makes the gun more accurate.
- heavier shaft (again depends on what you are shooting) but 7mm spring steel would be my choice
- do away with the metal bridle and use a dyneema unit, cheap, quiet and safer than the steel.

otherewise jus enjoy and shoot lots of fish!

DD

Reactions: spaghetti
Oh you jerk that is sweet especially at that price! Shred and keep it safe Later

Check the line release, if it is the plastic I would change for the SS. SpearfishingWorld has it.

I would also get the "rubber butt", for the loading pad.

Congratulations on a great deal.

Great deal as long as everything is in working condition.
If you really want to knwo the in's and out's of da gun then you can contact OMER directly and inquire about user (care and maintenance) manuals that I know at one time were available for most of their product line. This will help you with understanding how your trigger mech, line release, muzzle, etc. all come into play with one another and maybe open your mind to modification at some point. Simply put, there are no rules...

The T20 Carbon Ocean Mimetic, as for the T20 Millennium speargun , features two different thickness of tubes depending on the lengths of the spearguns.

The barrell is 1.75mm thick for lenghts up to 110cm and 1.85mm for the longer guns. The carbon barrel is painted in a blue camouflage patern to perfectly blend in with the blue latex slings and the camouflaged wishbones.

POWER18 Circular 18mm dia. slings.

AISI630 Stainless Steel, 6.5 mm diameter shaft.
Available in 5 different barrel lenghts:
Code. T62 - Mod. 75 cm
Code. T63 - Mod. 90 cm
Code. T64 - Mod. 100 cm
Code. T65 - Mod. 110 cm
Code. T66 - Mod. 130 cm

1 - The T20 Carbon Ocean Mimetic muzzle is designed to work with up to two circular bands in diameters form 16 to 20mm. The dimensions have been reduced to the minimum avoiding any visual impediment when aiming.
The muzzle has been camouflaged in the same colours of the handle.

2 - The general design of the handle and of the triggering mechanism are the same of the classic T20 speargun. The top, and most visible, part of the handle has been camouflaged through highly resistant 3D coating.

3 - T20 Carbon Ocean Mimetic features an additional ergonomic handle, designed to perfectly fit in the hand to allow perfect and quick aiming. The handle is designed only for right handed. Left handed can use the standard Omer handle also supplied with the gun.

I’ve got a T20 and have used it for the last three seasons over here in the UK, simple answer is that it’s a fantastic bit of kit, reliable, strong, well made and puts the spear where you point it. All the things you want from a speargun, I hope you enjoy yours like I’ve enjoyed mine.

Reactions: spaghetti
I’ve got a T20 and have used it for the last three seasons over here in the UK, simple answer is that it’s a fantastic bit of kit, reliable, strong, well made and puts the spear where you point it. All the things you want from a speargun, I hope you enjoy yours like I’ve enjoyed mine.

Glad to hear that, Podge! Three years? How time flies! :)

Me I've had 3 guns of that series (a 75 allu I still own, a 90 allu and a 110 carbon both sold to friends). Accurate as a traditional eurogun can be, manouverable and solid.

What I like most of it is the T20's beefy handle/grip/cassette assembly, more stable and solid than the average european handle assembly such as Cressi Comanche, or Excalibur, et cetera.
For the rest it's the typical european tube gun, handy, no-nonsense and pinpoint accurate with its standard set up.

You'll just have to adjust yourself to it: just like with any new gun, you must get familiar with its wrist angle and trigger sensitivity. Just a matter of time and practice to make a friend of it.

Reactions: podge
I went with the 7.1 sharkfin shaft, upgraded to 2 19mm circular bands with brass articulated wishbones. it came with reel and rubber loading butt. i do love this freakin' gun! just gotta make sure to keep it away from face when pulling the trigger! lol:blackeye

DIVING DAN..... forgot to mention, i thought about adding a rail on this gun but decided against it here's a quote from study. ". Another train of thought says a shaft guide or rail has no advantage since the shaft rests between the muzzle and the handle alignment. Basically, if there were any barrel flex (under heavy band load load) the shaft resting in between two points would have a tendency to shoot more accurately than a gun with a rail. The shaft in a rail takes the shape of the barrel if there is any minimal amount of flex. Additionally, the absence of any friction between spear shaft and rail makes the gun quiet, wasting less energy since the bands are parallel with the shaft"

Omer: pne of the leading brands in spearfishing world wide.

T20 Carbon mimetic is now a discontinued podel but ran for many years and has a very good reputation!

very reliable and accurate. i would have jumped on it for that price. all that needs modifying in my opinion is:
-m add a glue on rail (depending on your length of gun) available threough OMER as well and quite cheap, makes the gun more accurate.
- heavier shaft (again depends on what you are shooting) but 7mm spring steel would be my choice
- do away with the metal bridle and use a dyneema unit, cheap, quiet and safer than the steel.

otherewise jus enjoy and shoot lots of fish!

DD
i am 66,retired,beginner Omer T20 Speargun with reel. 130 cm long. Single 16cm band. $200 only used the gun maybe 10 times.need an advise .tanks for all

I dont personally know but my buddy did alot of research on that gun before buying his Sporasub ONE 105. He said it was bad ass and was going to buy it at a much higher price than that before i showed him the ONE. I guarantee, unless its in terrible condition, that the T20 is worth way more than $100 id grab it in a second.
hollo,i am 66,retired,beginner Omer T20 Speargun with reel. 130 cm long. Single 16cm band. $200 -is it a good prise/only used the gun maybe 10 times.need an advise .tanks for all

i am 66,retired,beginner Omer T20 Speargun with reel. 130 cm long. Single 16cm band. $200 only used the gun maybe 10 times.need an advise .tanks for all
Hey Ritten have you still got your Omer T20? If so, how long is ths barrel on this gun, does it have stainless spear+flopper, does it have a rail, is it alumininum or carbon, and will you mail to Townville if I pay the extra cost?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT