• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oregon Freedive Palooza Aug 10-12

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It was great to meet all of you this weekend. I only wished I could have dove... :(

Not sure if I was able to get enough footage for something worth watching. Didn't even get a chance to chat with some of you on camera due to being under the weather.

Glad you made it home safely Cliff.
If you took some pictures underwater, could you please post them to the group at:
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/losprofundos/photos
Create an album for "Freedive Polooza 2007" and add them there.
Thanks!

Cliff I hope you get better soon, and if you want some video you will just have to invite everyone to a dive site near you so you can finally get interviews and good underwater footage.

It was great meeting everyone, I had a fantastic time. Brenda also enjoyed the weekend a lot, that is a miracle in it's self, so thank you for that. I promise next time I will work on being calm, I will just do some method acting and pretend I am a 40 year old with a slow metabolism like you guys kept warning me about. :t

Also Longfins owes me some money, you shouldn't have someone try out a monofin if they can't afford it, it's just cruel.

A big thank you to Wes and family, I am sure it took a lot to get this organized, I am really glad you did.

Last edited:
Official 2007 Freedive Palooza Report:

To all attendees, thanks for coming to make it happen!! Here are some highlights and lessons learned:

- 17 people total gathered at Lost Lake for the first Oregon Palooza. They all brought really great food and attitudes and only Cliff got sick, apparently from allergies.

- The lake surface temperature was 66F, a bit chillier than past summers and yet "very warm" for those with 5 mil suits who normally freedive the Oregon coast. We did monofin lessons in the shallows and target and safety practice on a 30m line set right to the bottom about 100 yards from short. The weather was sunny with light winds and very small chop (about 2 -3 inches) so diving conditions were perfect with about 50 feet of visibility. Also there are no motorized boats allowed on Lost Lake so everyone got very relaxed out in the water.

- Personal Bests - The following PB's were set at the Palooza.
Congratulations to all these for ther effort and for everyone being 100% safe!!

-Taylor (Fogish on DB) 30m FIM (free immersion) and 25m CB (constant ballast)

- John (DB ?) 25m CB and 25m FIM (not sure if PB or not)

- Stephan - 25m FIM and 20m? CB

- Fuk (DB ?) 25m FIM? 20m CB?

- Raynett 17m CB and 15m FIM

- Peter (Trang?) 30m FIM 30m CB (not BP)

- Everyone talked about next year this and next year that so sounds like we will do it again next year. It ended up costing $25/adult for the camping that we had to claim Tuesday thru Sunday to get such a nice spot, we may expand the Palooza to 1 whole week for those who can swing it with a weekend climax and would still cost same $25/each.

- Food was great and coordinating was pretty easy too, mainly due to DB (which rocks!!). We had one person fly in from San Jose and Peter had a really good time I think, would be nice to connect with others from around the country.

That's it, was a great event and success and see you next time - Cheers Wes

My allergies turned into a full blown summer cold. I'm still dealing with the aftermath, having to neti four times a day to keep my sinuses from becoming infected again. That and yoga is what has gotten me to stay clear this week. Hopefully next year I'll actually get to dive instead of float on the surface or worse, stay out of the water completely...

Any pics from the event? Post when you plan on doing it next year - Maybe I can get some time off and swing out there for a week. Would make for a nice Trip.

----Scott

Are we going to have another this year? I loved last year and would come again if we had it this year.

Fogish,

We had a ton of snow at Lost Lake so are looking to do the Palooza in late August when the lake will be warmest. I plan to set a date this week and coordinate with folks.

Thanks and Cheers Wes

Greetings,

Any dates for the 2008 Oregon Freedive Palooza yet? I'm new to the forum, so I might have missed it if the info. was posted eslewhere.

Many thanks! - Mil

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT