• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Orlando, Florida

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JMD

May 10, 2001
We're going to be in orlando for the next two or three months, off and on. Planning to take in Blue Springs this weekend.

Anyone available as a buddy?

Any suggestions for dive locations, springs or otherwise? Will have vehicle and kayak so nearshore diving off daytona to melbourne is in reach. Would consider doing a boat dive if there is something worth taking in.

Thanks,

JMD,

Put it off a week and I'll be there, probably also Jeff.richardson.

The surf will be seriously up this weekend (6 ft +) so shore diving is probably not a great idea, but are you a body surfer? I'll be out this Sunday, probably near Melbourne.

Connor

Used to do a lot of body surfing in mauii growing up but haven't done it in years. How do you feel about going out with rank amateurs?

It looks like we might be there until next thursday, home to ft lauderdale for haloween then back to melbourne or orlando the 1st week in november.

All that sounds good Jeff, btw, nice website, I'm going to spend some time in there before we go!

Jeff,

I don't know why you're so into the kayak thing. It's a pain in the ass to do in the WPB area (almost always current). You should just come out on my boat with us sometime. Michael dives with me almost every week. You're always welcome.

Scott

JMD,

Love to have company, check your pms later tonight.

Connor

Jeff,

Sounds good. We did blue springs on Saturday it was pretty sweet. The flow was unreal it was quite a challenge to get to the bottom even tho it's not that deep.

Looks like I'll be stuck down here for a couple of weeks. I seriously have to find some freedivers in the Lauderdale area...

Bottom of the cavern, 120 feet would be deep on a good day with no flow ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT