• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Other Clinics?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
Many of us on here have been through Kirk's excellent clinic. I was wondering if anyone has done J.J. Mayol's clinic in Florida, or Umberto's clinic in Italy.
If you have, how are they the same or different. What were the costs and did you think that it was worth it.
Thanks,
Jon

I did Umbertos course two years ago....

Price - £Sterling 300~ then you have to pay flight and accom...

Length - 9 Days!!!!

Itinerary....AM depends on weather (if really good then constant) then theory then static then theory, then videos and discussion.....takes you up to around 7PM most days

We got to ride his sled a couple of times too :)

Highlights
Good organisation, good ribs, fantastic diving conditions / weather, long course, opportunity to ask whatever questions you wanted, maximal time in the water.....

Lowlights
Manual only in Italian.....

I would seriously recommend this one, i'd be the first to say if it was bad in any way, but it was A1.

If you have any specific questions you want answers to about the course post away guys......

Apnea-Seminar held by Benjamin Franz

Because of the language (German) it might be exotic for most people "cruising" this forum, but still:

Benjamin Franz recently held an excellent apnea seminar in Austria. It was a weekend-course, that covered (not only in theory, but also practical exercises) pretty much everything: safety, yoga and breathing excercises, equipment, static apnea, constant weight up to no-limits. In the evenings Benjamin showed us slides and videos and told us lots of interesting "insider-stories".
The cost of this seminar was 165 Euro (accomodation included).

My rating: two thumbs up! (And maybe in the future he might repeat this seminar in English!) ;)

Regards
Uli

benjamin franz clinic

Thanks for your post Uli.
If such thing would ever happend it would be very nice if someone mentioned it here on these forums, since it would be so much less expensive for us europeans than to attend a clinic in USA or Canada.
Safe dives.
Tuomo

austin TX, USA

i'll be attending Tanya's clinic in a few weeks. hers will be my first, but i chose it cause she's a spearo deep down(no punn intended).

i'll let everyone know how it went.

~anderson

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT