• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Packing for spearfishing (your lungs - not your bags!)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Anybody that can dive deep, and spears fish will tell you that it's a bunch of work... and dangerous.

Try going the chumming route, as in shoot some smaller baitfish, or some stupid lingcod (!) cut 'em up and see what comes up from 100 feet to feed. Kinda like putting a diamond on the bar and seeing what it draws...

sven

Hey there Ivan,

No I don't think that you are an :duh I just want you to be safe. I know what you are up to and I went through the same thing. I was the most aggressive of the group. The problem with that is that you can get yourself in trouble. Remember its hard enough just divin deep. Its even harder fishing down there. I just want you to be safe thats all. Some of the bigger fish that I have speared have been in shallow water. Its amazing what you can find when you learn to really scout an area.

I shoot a c3 riffe and a omer 116 that I am selling and I also have a 120 Rabitech that I just bought that I am dying to try out. I have more guns than I can shoot but those are the main ones..

Be safe:cool:

Aquiles

Aquiles

i think im the most aggressive in our group as well. I think im relatively safe when diving only when I try a dry static is when I PUSH IT. Is that a stealth rabitech, wonder if its the same we get here. My dad had a 140 he got rid of it and now owns a 130. The 140 was to long so he reckons.

Sven I only burley when dads not around otherwise he kicks my ass he thinks the Tigers will eat us.

cheers

Go buy your dad a beer and put it on my tab ...:D
I tried chumming a few times , things got WAYY too exciting . :eek:

hi abri

Yeah I think its pretty good that he tries to keep me safe, but I understand you it's pretty risky especially if you are in deep water and the tigers can come from any angle. Honestly Ive only tried it a few times when hes not around but not anymore Its too much effort and time sitting on the surface cutting up fish. Id rather be diving up and down. One of my mates does it all the time though.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT