• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PADI licence : Not ok in France ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Enrique

May 5, 2001
Hello !

I'm going in France. French buddies said to me that most of the divings there are organised by diving clubs that do not allow you to get with them if you don't have a certain kind of french licence to dive. They think that my PADI advanced diving licence will not be ok for those clubs and ... that it won't be ok even if I just want to rent diving stuff in French diving shops.

Is anybody here has ever experienced that problem in France ?

Thanks

Interesting experience

Enrique,

France dive centres are generally affiliated to CMAS, which governs all underwater sports worldwide or Fédération Française d'Études et de Sports Sous-Marin (FFESSM/French Federation)

Saying that most dive centres in typical diving tourist areas should accept the big certifing agencies such as PADI, BSAC, NAUI, SSI, etc...

Your best bet is to call the dive centre before you leave for France and tell them what your qualification is and when you are likely to dive with them. This way they can advise you as to whether they will allow you to dive with them and if they require any check-out dives (which most centres should do to be honest).

I dived in a French resort once about 7 years ago and it seemed to be well run, although it was a tiny little centre and at that time they still used reserve valve systems on their cylinders which led to some amusing signals between me and my buddy when his cylinder slipped.

Dive in france

hi,
i'm a Padi Divemaster living in France. Some club are very closed to anyone who is not from the same village as them. That's the problem with the french federation. But as you can see on the Padi site www.padi.com, the french federation and Padi are working together now, so all you need is a medical proof stating you are able to dive. check those address:
to learn about padi ffessm accord
http://www.padi.com/padi/offices/europe/news/today_news/2001/062701_historique/
To look for padi dive center in france
http://www.padi.com/search/dcnr/

Where exactly are you going in France? For myself, i dont dive with club, but i have no problem to rent equipment. Just remember, everything is in meter for distance, Kg for weight, Bar for pressure and they use steel tank.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT