• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Painting closed cell wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mothman

Nov 25, 2020
I mainly freedive lakes in northern Idaho and have recently started playing with a 7mm suit I had made by Aquaflite. Been having fun in 37° wster. Both Couer D'alene and Pend Oreille lakes are ususlly pretty murky. Visibility is often only 20 ft, but you can lose sight of you buddy at less than 15 often enough, especially if your suit is all black like mine.

I wanted to give it higher visibility, so I painted a box jellyfish on it with white flex seal paint. Im really happy with the stuff. I brushed it on with the intent of keeping it on the surface and not letting it soak into the nylon so it wouldnt stiffen up the suit. Worked great. Its very stretchy and I dont even notice it.
20210114_154234.jpg

I even put rustoleum glow in the dark spray paint on it, but sadly it didnt come even close to sticking and all flaked off. I will try again with an acrylic type next.

Attachments

• 20210115_222950.jpg
    20210115_222950.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 205
I tried some acrylic glow paint, but that flaked off of the flex seal as well. I doubt anything is going to stick to it permanently. However, it blows me away how vibrant white the stuff is underwater all by itself. So far, the stuff is staying on very well and I would certainly reccomend using it to seal seams over even aquaseal+neo, which is what i used. Its much more supple and doesn't bleed into the nylon as much. You don't want it to do that because it will stiffen your suit up.

I went ahead and put another jelly on the front of my suit too.
20210220_130601.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT