• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pam Rock Story (Leaving the World Behind series)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

laminar

Aug 13, 2001
Hi Everyone,

Another story for your pleasure... 8+km swim, seals, nirvana, hallucinations, a couple of freedivers in the middle of the ocean...

www.laminar.ca/pamrock1.html

Cheers,

Pete
Vancouver, BC

Last edited:
Reactions: tuomo
Excellent story, Pete...

Well worth the read...

Just read it... nice story and very well written Pete.
i wish i could write as well as that :(
look forward to reading the next installment!

cheers
alun

Thanks guys!

Eric and I will be doing another swim and freedive trip next weekend (June 21-22), so stay tuned for more...

Pete
Vancouver, BC

Just read your story Pete. Awesome stuff, as usual.
Cheers from Narita Airport,
Erik Y.

Whatcha doin' in Narita? Coming home?

You need to get your tanned self out to cold waters--otherwise you'll go soft on us....:naughty

warm thoughts,

Pete
Vancouver, BC

Great story; I can relate...long distance swimming is blissful. Didn't want to get out of the water yesterday......

Thanks Pete!

Originally posted by laminar
Whatcha doin' in Narita? Coming home?

Pete

Yup. I'm back in Edmonton, looking for work here and out in your area too. It's good to be home, where it's cold and clean :)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Wow great story Pete, hats off to you and Eric! Now I'm inspired to do some longer swims here in Georgian Bay. Looking forward as well to future instalments!

Aaron

Georgian Bay

Where do you dive on Georgian Bay? I grew up there, near the small town of Lafontaine (near Midland) with a view of Collingwood in the distance. Too shallow for freediving but I sure love windsurfing on the Bay.

How's the club in Toronto?

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

Hey Pete,
Tobermory and down to Owen Sound. Just moved to Toronto from Owen Sound... :( Oh well! Still get up there alot fortunately! Love the clear water on the north shore of the Bruce Penn, not much to see tho as Im sure you know! Unless you count rocks! :) love the wrecks too.

I've just joined the club in Toronto here, haven't met anyone yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Aaron

Just a few nice wrecks up there!;)

jon

Last edited:
Many of them are pretty shallow too.

This oneThe City of Cleavland is in less than 35' of water. Parts of it break the surface and she is a couple of hundred feet long. THere are lots of htings to look at if your into wrecks.

Jon

Last edited:
Next instalment

Look for the next epic in mid-November.... :)

Cold? Yesterday it was 30C, water 14C, beatiful for nosuit freediving!

Thanks for reading!

Pete
Vancouver, BC

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT