• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Panama freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

marecreature

Apr 30, 2018
Hi guys,
I just got back from Panama and I thought I'd share the freediving contacts I made in the country. Before my trip I sent out a lot of emails and did a lot of research so I thought I could save someone from having to do their own research.
I ended up diving with Panama Dive Center based out of Santa Catalina. They don't currently advertise freediving on their website but I emailed them and found that one of their dive instructors, Sabina, is also a freedive instructor and she agreed to go out with me. We went out on the boat with the scuba divers and went off and dove on our own (occasionally diving down to buzz the scuba divers;)
I tried contacting some other dive operators about freediving at Coiba but they cited safety reasons, including strong currents for why they wouldn't let me freedive with them.
We did run into some moderate currents from time to time but I never felt unsafe as the dive boat kept an eye on us.

I was also planning on diving with Spearfishing Panama but I ran out of time on my trip. It sounds like they have some pretty cool blue water diving trips between March and May which I may go back for.

Feel free to message me with any questions.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT