• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Paralyser Speargun tip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

oreana123

Dec 1, 2003
I saw an australian website with paralyser tips that have eight small shafts with barbs on each shaft. I imagine a fish hit by that stays put. Anyone use one of them for reef fish? John S

i have used paralyzer tips (3 and 5 prongs) for reef fish and they worked just fine. to be totaly honest eight tips seems to be just an excess, but then again you never know. that is just my personal opinion

i would greatly appreciate it if you could post the website so that i could look into it for my own personal knowledge..

thank you

BTW Oreana, they are useful for reef fish, but kill your shooting distance. It's a trade-off.

I do have a paralyzer tip(3-prong) on one of my small hole guns. Works well & have shot some decent sized fish with it. Its prime advantage in holes is that it hits with some punch & it won't get hung up anywhere like a barb would.

I have tried them on longer guns, but personally prefer the holding power of normal shafts.

Reactions: mishu1984
that was some kind of shot he took to stone a Marlin with a paralyzer tip!!!.... great story

They are also called cluster tips. Thank you all for posting about your experiences. I go to Kona in about a month and I want to have such a tip by then. It will work well for stream diving for carp when it warms up a little here. John S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT