• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pathos 120 laser pro

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Camospearo

Dec 4, 2017
anyone out there got one of these guns . I am looking at getting one. I mainly spear for either Spanish Mackeral around the Great Barrier Reef and also groupers up to around 10-15 kg .
Seems a great gun for the price, currently use an undersee 1200 rail gun which has been ok , but with a heavier shaft constantly judging distance and spear accuracy. Any advice would be great

I have a carbon one with a 7.5mm shaft and an Aussie reel attached and it's a laser all right!!! [emoji1303][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Camospearo
I have a carbon one with a 7.5mm shaft and an Aussie reel attached and it's a laser all right!!! [emoji1303][emoji482]

Cheers apneaddict i think I will go ahead with the purchase , they sure seem good from all the reviews and vids I've seen . Happy hunting

Let us know how it works out for you! :)
Well, the verdict is in . The Pathos laser open pro 120 is the Gold !!!!
Water a little murky today and it was a bit of an effort to find fish , but find fish we did , in the form of two magnificent Venus Tuskfish ( Choerodon venustus ) after swimming around for an hour or so on one of our fringing inshore reefs and passing up a few opportunities on some smaller fish an excellent opportunity for a shot at a nice 45cm Tusky as we refer to them up here , beautiful looking fish but unfortunately for him today beautiful tasting fish also and I've come across him wanting to test the new Pathos and feeling pretty keen for a fish feed and with a hungry wife up on the beach it's goodnight for this fella, Pathos fires beautifully, seems a little more powerful than my brother in laws RA tuna 120,not much recoil and sure is a laser, no need for the coup de gras as this fish is gone straight away , Brother in law nails one too and its all we need for the day, we both have ourselves a feed and as we always do, we only take enough to eat that day because hell we need an excuse to go again soon !!!! so it's time to head off for a nice lunch and a couple of cold beers at one of the local pubs. And after thanking the sea gods for what's now chilling on the ice, we are off ,till next time, two happy blokes!!!

Reactions: SubSub
It's more powerful because it has 10cm more band stretch due to the reverse trigger mech.

It's also 10cm shorter, because the spear is shorter.

It packs one hell of a wallop for such a small, light gun.

The handle is also higher up than a RA and hence, handles recoil better. [emoji1303][emoji482]

It's more powerful because it has 10cm more band stretch due to the reverse trigger mech.
Sits nicely in the water too and that diangelo

The handle is also higher up than a RA and hence, handles recoil better.
emoji1303.png
emoji482.png

The handle is also higher up than a RA and hence, handles recoil better. [emoji1303][emoji482]

Also sits nice and light in the water and that di Angelo 2 handle is superb and yep fires like a small cannon, very happy. Interesting dynamics with the reverse trigger, works well , little difficult at first to load with how the line is rigged, but worked it out pretty smartly

It you feel like tweaking the gun further to improve power and accuracy, check out Majd brill testing/tweaking of guns on YT. I know he has been doing some stuff on a Laser 125cm, maybe some of this is of interest to you?

[emoji4]

https://www.youtube.com/user/majdq8

I have the upgraded mech that I got from SpearAmerica.

Awesome action and has held up well. [emoji1303][emoji482]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT