• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

pathos laser open pro vs pathos sniper.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
hello,
I'd like to recommend of speargun lenght at reef area diving depth 5-7m.
Fish weighing 0.5-3 kilo.
I'm debating between pathos laser open pro vs pathos sniper.

Thanks

Where will you dive? What is the visibility like? What size fish will you be targetting?

I'd like to recommend of speargun lenght at reef area diving depth 5-7m.

I'd like to recommend of speargun length at reef area diving depth 5-7m.
75 is perfect for that. I did a ton of northern california reef/hole hunting with a carbon pathos 75. It was perfect and much less nose heavy than my RA70. We were going up to 10kilos, but mostly 1-6kilo. If you are just hole hunting, you can go shorter, but any free swimming fish you won't want a 55. Here we take along a really short gun, as a backup for when you have to leave your long gun underwater, or if there is no viz, or we were primarily looking for abalone (now closed).

I'm debating between pathos laser open pro vs pathos sniper.
The sniper I had 115cm version. The stock will bend with two 16 mil bands.
Laser open is aluminium pipe gun with small diameter tube, that has buoyancy issues and it will bend also.
Fortunately, Pathos has excellent carbon pipe guns (tube with 30 mil OD and 26 mil ID, that means 2mil thickness of the wall that will provide enough stifness). And price difference is well worthy.

Go for Laser with DAngelo 2 handle if you have big hands or Pathos Carbon with DAngelo 1 handle if small hands.
Info at https://www.pathossub.com/

For tuning / optimizing setup look for majdq8 vids on youtube; there are a lot of info for Pathos guns.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT