• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pathos roller sniper bands setup

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

goncaloMI

Oct 22, 2023
Hi everyone.
I've got my hands on a Pathos sniper roller 105 which needs bands replacement and I was wondering whether to keep the brand setup (16mm Pathos TNT) or to change it to 14.5mm small ID bands (e.g. Sigalsub extreme or reactive). It comes with a 140cm 7mm shaft.

I understand that for standard guns, the double 14.5mm small ID performs better, I have tested it myself. How about roller guns? Any experience with it?

I personally like 14mm bands with 7mm shafts. Makes the bands hand loadable with maximum preload. This in my head give the most energy to the shaft as the band pull at the muzzle is quite high but still loadable. I also find the 14mm a bit more accurate maybe something to do with all the mass flying around the roller when using 16mm?

I personally like 14mm bands with 7mm shafts. Makes the bands hand loadable with maximum preload. This in my head give the most energy to the shaft as the band pull at the muzzle is quite high but still loadable. I also find the 14mm a bit more accurate maybe something to do with all the mass flying around the roller when using 16mm?
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I have a similar impression for standard guns. Besides, I think the extra mass of the 16mm creates bigger pressure waves under water which sometimes make fish to react at the very last minute. Anyway, you run a roller with 14mm bands then?

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I have a similar impression for standard guns. Besides, I think the extra mass of the 16mm creates bigger pressure waves under water which sometimes make fish to react at the very last minute. Anyway, you run a roller with 14mm bands then?
Hello! yes i like to run with 14mm usually calliper check so they are on the bigger side and not smaller. I think Coatsmans has a good video for full pretension setups, but i also think the way aimrite setup there guns to allow for variability in pretension after the bands stretch from usage is a solid concept. i guess with the pathos sniper with the notches on bottom you could have the gun have full pretension at second notch, if you want to power down use the first notch and after a lot of usage pretension to third notch for full pretension

Hello! yes i like to run with 14mm usually calliper check so they are on the bigger side and not smaller. I think Coatsmans has a good video for full pretension setups, but i also think the way aimrite setup there guns to allow for variability in pretension after the bands stretch from usage is a solid concept. i guess with the pathos sniper with the notches on bottom you could have the gun have full pretension at second notch, if you want to power down use the first notch and after a lot of usage pretension to third notch for full pretension
That combination for the bottom notches might work quite well! Thanks for the recommendation. I know those from Coatsmans, and I will check Aimrite setup. As for the rubber, small ID such as Sigalsub Extreme, Reactive Evo or C4, Epsealon etc... Do you have any recommendation?

That combination for the bottom notches might work quite well! Thanks for the recommendation. I know those from Coatsmans, and I will check Aimrite setup. As for the rubber, small ID such as Sigalsub Extreme, Reactive Evo or C4, Epsealon etc... Do you have any recommendation?
Im in NZ so dont have to much choice readily avaliable, not sure of brand but I use small id 14mm. Amber inside black outer. I would say the rubber is definitely a bit snappier than the normal id bands.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT