• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Patrick Musimu is going for -200m NL in July 05

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Here are some hot news:

"The Ultimate Dive" - On July 5th 2005, Patrick [Musimu] will attempt to redefine the human limits. Challenging science, he will dive on one single breath of air into the blue abyss, aiming for the deepest dive of the History at - 200m! (current record 171m)

Check out for more info: www.patrickmusimu.com

MANUEL
(Germany)

That´s amazing!!!
I heard that Carlos Coste will be heading to Egypt after the CW worlds. will he try to get the NL record?

fpernett said:
That´s amazing!!!
I heard that Carlos Coste will be heading to Egypt after the CW worlds. will he try to get the NL record?

I shall see him next week in Nice... I'll ask him... :wave

It's awesome, it's scary. I really hope he makes it and that nothing happens to him.

Adrian

I train with Carlos here in my home country of venezuela and I don't think he'll try the NL record... maybe if he's feeling way too good but I would dare say he'll give a go at the Variable Weight record, last sunday he made 130m on training.

Well, you're wrong... Patrick has already been to 209 meters some weeks ago... I think you missed some news.

Bienvenid@ Polorutz,

Nice to see venezolanos here.
I expect you inform us about Carlos improvements ;-)

Saludos,
Edu

Jorg said:
Well, you're wrong... Patrick has already been to 209 meters some weeks ago... I think you missed some news.

Hi Jorg
I think polorutz is refering to Carlos Coste.
I wish him good trainings. I think He'll take back the VW world record.

I really hope he does... When august comes we'll see, by the way, musimu claims to have broken 209 on NL but really I don't think that's the WR as long as it's not endorsed by AIDA... To me the record still stands at 171m with Leferme as it's maker. Im' sure that to many competitive freedivers the record that musimu made is hardly believable, I mean, if you were going to make the dive why couldn't you just bring a couple of AIDA judges with you?

Polorutz said:
I really hope he does... When august comes we'll see, by the way, musimu claims to have broken 209 on NL but really I don't think that's the WR as long as it's not endorsed by AIDA... To me the record still stands at 171m with Leferme as it's maker. Im' sure that to many competitive freedivers the record that musimu made is hardly believable, I mean, if you were going to make the dive why couldn't you just bring a couple of AIDA judges with you?
This has been discussed to death in this thread:
[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=60688"]200m deep down - Page 23[/ame]

The 209m dive is very real, whether you want to accept it as a WR or not is up to you.

Eventhough it has been discussed to death, I totally agree with Polorutz!

NOTHING is a WR unless it is done within AIDA. This is not to mark the performance of Patrick, but since he didn´t invite AIDA he can not claim the WR. There are certain procedures that we have to follow. -For instance the dopingcontrol. And I´m NOT accusing Patrick for using doping!!! But this is just one of the things...
I think that he made a BIG mistake by not inviting AIDA...

Just my opinion...

Peter P

Reactions: Panos Lianos
Even by his OWN standards Patrick did not set a WR - he set a date for a record attempt and then forfeited on the day of the attempt.
The idea of touting a training performance as a WR is ridiculous for ANY sport.

However AIDA doesn't have a monopoly on homologation of records - they just happen to be the most recognised organisation that's doing it...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT