• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Paypal and supporter program problem

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
the easyest method for me is to pay into an account
fot that I need an account number and the exact name of the beneficiar...
do you think that this is possible?:)
Yes, sure, all virtual credit card companies accept wire transfers (that's a bank-to-bank money transfer), so you can do it and then pay into the DB system with the received virtual CC number. If you have a bank account, it may be easier to create your own Paypal account - you can then pay safely with Paypal not only here each year, but also for many other online purchases.

Asking to pay the $9 to DB directly either by mailing in cash or by bank wire transfer is ridiculous - it does not let any possibility to automate the payment, so not only Stephan would have to spend a lot of time with handling the payments (picking up recommended letter from the post office, exchanging it to British Pounds, paying the bank transfer fees (typically ~$30 per transfer at international transactions), but would then also need to edit the DB database system manually to enter your payment. So by sending $9, you would force him to spend in various fees and working time possibly as much as $100 (or even more) for the few ridiculous bucks.

though they just charged me a hefty 20 eur fee for receving money (first time)! that was a suprise as i read 3 times the small print and seemed that i will not be charged anything for over a certiain
That never happened to me (and I already created at least four different Paypal accounts). At a personal accounts, there is certain limit number of received payments and their height. Once the payment is higher, you pay (about) the same percentual transaction fee like at business accounts (around 2-3% of the amount). You may also pay exchange fees if the payment was done in other currency than the one you use for storing the funds (though you can create multiple foreign exchange sub-accounts and exchange the funds only when really needed). There is no fixed fee (AFAIK).

Last edited:
That never happened to me (and I already created at least four different Paypal accounts). At a personal accounts, there is certain limit number of received payments and their height. Once the payment is higher, you pay (about) the same percentual transaction fee like at business accounts (around 2-3% of the amount). You may also pay exchange fees if the payment was done in other currency than the one you use for storing the funds (though you can create multiple foreing exhcange sub-accounts and exchange the fund only when really needed). There is no fixed fee (AFAIK).

i think you're right, they charged about 4% to the transation, as it was rather biggy, gotta be more careful next time!

ok
i'l try to ask my wife who work in erste bank and i think she will be able to mannage this things...
i don't want 2 offend you trux, but if i made this question, meant that i want to pay...i don't have so much time to make jokes at 39....
once again 10x for the answers!

To Sergiu: The fees differ in different countries, but you can see them clearly listed in your Paypal account - for me they are 1.4% (at amounts >$10,000) to 3.4% (at smaller amounts). In some countries, there is also the option to pay by eCheck - the receiver then pays only $5 per payment, hence much lower than normally as soon as the amount is a few hundreds or more. So if the person sending you money has the option in their Paypal account, and you do not mind waiting another couple of days before the check clears, ask them to use this method - at bigger amounts you can save a few bucks.

Reactions: Sergiu
i don't want 2 offend you trux, but if i made this question, meant that i want to pay...i don't have so much time to make jokes at 39....
No problem, I just tried to explain that the possibility to pay to DB is sufficient for anyone willing to pay, and that there is no reason for requesting non-standard payment methods, because processing of such micro amount manually is simply no help at all, and in fact costs the DB owner much more in time and diverse fees.

in the country list i didn't found romania
that could be a problem...i guess!
sorry to anoyd you!!

Well, if Paypal is not available for Romania, and you do not own any foreign bank account, then the only option is the above mentioned virtual credit card - that's available for any country and you can then also have the virtual credit card localized to the country of your choice, so for example you can pay as if you had an account in the USA or elsewhere. You only need to send money to the virtual CC provider - that's possible in many ways - another CC, bank wire transfer, money order, Western Union cash transfer, checks, ... Doing it just for the $9 for DB is probably rather a lot of effort, but you can then use the virtual CC for online shopping and for example buy diving equipment for interesting prices anywhere in the world.

Last edited:
Paypal has a VERY small 'more funding options' underneath the main body of writing. I have used this myself with credit card. They obviously prefer you to fund or pay with cash debit card. But have a look for it once you have set up your credit card in your user profile.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT