• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pelengas magnum slider

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ChristosG1981

Jul 2, 2023
Hello All,
I recently received an order from the ebay Pelengaa store of a couple different sizes Predathor Vuoto and I ordered an extra shaft for the 55. They shipped it with a Pelengas extra shaft and a Titanium slider ( vs the plastic that comes from Salvimar) . That's all great, the only thing is that the pelengas shaft with the magnum slider dis not come with that round ring underneath that is supposed to go and seat in the muzzle. Is that because they forgot, they were out or because the magnum slider is just supposed to seat in the muzzle in olace of that ring?. Hope all that makes sense

• Haha
Reactions: Zahar
The Pelengas pneumovacuum guns have the slider as a snug fit inside their muzzles, so they don’t need a centralizing stop ring. Most Italian pneumatic spearguns have plastic sliders and a sliding metal stop ring as the latter protects the plastic slider from being busted by the shaft tail stop diameter. Depending on the shaft size being used the stop rings have a different diameter, which is why there are two seating positions in the Salvimar muzzle. On a Vuoto or pneumovacuum model the front of the shaft is supported by the vacuum seal, whereas on a wet barrel gun the shaft can wobble slightly in that muzzle bore hole as it has to be large enough to let the tail stop on the shaft through. You don’t really need a stop ring on your setup, but if say you had a standard gun then you would need that larger diameter ring to hold the shaft up and keep it centralized in the muzzle.
Salvimar muzzle comparison.jpg

You could add a stop ring as it makes the shaft not wiggle when you push the shaft home taking any lateral stress off the muzzle seal. The Pelengas titanium slider is a smaller outer diameter, I know because I have a Salvimar Vuoto and Pelengas guns.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristosG1981
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT